Blue Angel's and Thunderbird Jets Crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikewint

Captain
Feb 17, 2010
Lakeview, AR
The pilot of a US Navy Blue Angel F/A-18 Hornet fighter jet was killed Thursday when the aircraft crashed in central Tennessee, a Navy official confirmed to Fox News..
The crash involving the jet happened after 3 p.m. southeast of Nashville in the town of Smyrna, a Rutherford County dispatcher told Fox 17.
La Vergne, Tenn. Fire Chief Rick McCormick told Fox News that the jet crashed off airport property just after takeoff.
He added that the jet did not crash into buildings off the runway.
Commander Jeannie Grenaveld, a spokeswoman for Naval Air Forces, told Fox News the crash happened during a practice flight for the Great Tennessee Airshow in Smyrna. The Blue Angels are performing June 4 and 5 at the airport.
Becca Cullision-Burgess told Fox 17 she was in her shop "My Southern Charm" when she saw the crash.
"I've never seen such a big ball or orange fire before," she said.
The Blue Angels flew over downtown Nashville earlier in the day.
Earlier Thursday, an Air Force Thunderbird jet crashed south of Colorado Springs, Colo. just after a flyover for a graduation of Air Force Academy cadets where President Obama had spoken.
plane_crash_1_navy.jpg
halfflag.gif
icon_salute_proper.gif

One of my co-worker's son flies F-16s. He knows the T Bird pilot Major Ajax "Tuna" Turner. Punched out, got picked up by a secret service helicopter and at the end of the day gets a handshake from the POTUS while still in his G suit. Badass!

Cj-fW-5UYAQtl_1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back