Boeing 314 - BOAC - G-AGBZ - "Bristol"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

diamant

Airman 1st Class
Sep 8, 2007
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello to all

Since a few years ago my father use to build one big model per year. Preferentially an aircraft in the BOAC markings.

The previous year was the Curtis CW20 and the year before that was the Fw 200 Condor. This year was the time for a challenge. He made one of our biggest aircraft of our collection, the Boeing 314 from Combat Models (Vacum form).

This Boeing 314 was acquired by BOAC from Pan American G-AGBZ ex NC18607 named Bristol. She made the first eastbound crossing of the Atlantic from New York to Foynes, Ireland, via Bermuda on 22 May 1941 piloted by Capt. Kelly-Rogers.

A very good friend of us (Luis Cid) made the decals for this model. We couldn´t made this model correctly without the support of Dave Fleming who kindly share with us valuable information.

Here you can find the step by step:
The Unofficial Airfix Modellers' Forum :: View topic - Hrubisko's Workbench

Here are the pictures

366800277.gif

366800275.gif

366800274.gif

366800442.gif

366800440.gif

366800280.gif

366800279.gif

Cheers
Santiago

Many thanks guys for your comments. It is one of our favorite model.
WOW!!!! What scale is it? That's incredible diamant!
Hi. It is 1/72 as all our models. If you see the picture of the display cabinet in the Hurricane post you will be able to compare the size of this beast with others models.

Cheers
Santiago

I love it,very unque plane to me I have never seen it before.Gotta love the paint and finish.Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back