Bomber defensive gunners (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
Has anyone else found that they are waaaaaaaaaaaay too accurate? I don't think I've ever been so frustrated when I got cut in half when I closed on an Me-323 head on at 500kph! Argh!

Whatever it was, it kicks my ass every time which was not the case historically.

Me, too. But I guess it's an effort by the producers to make the bombers somewhat more difficult than a C-47...

That would be a useful gizmo, that's for sure.

Unfortunaly the AI in the game doesnt have the same physics as the player :( and its is a major MAJOR FLAW!! do youself a favor and let a zero follow you in a dive, and you'll be diving at 700kph, pull up and check 6 and there is the zero!!! everybody knows a zero sux at diving and WILL brake up, but not for AI. Also if you use "Complex Engine Management" only your plane will overhead not the AI. The worst, they'll have sniper shots through clouds, so dont follow on fight in clouds.

I think all developers can take a leaf out of the game called "LIVE FOR SPEED"
(www.lfs.net). The AI in the game LEARNS!!!! The more they participate the more they learn, the better they get!

Yeah, I've noticed stuff like that too, mainly in the steep dives. Today I got shot down by a Storch... Those damn gunners need fixin'!

Haha I know! funny for everyone else, though... A single .303 or .50 cal cannot do that to my damn Spitfire!

I ended always on the grass until I started attacking bombers straight from top and below (russian mountain), this is the way, put a fighter in autopilot and watch how he goes up and below shooting every pass.
Good luck.

try to go were the gunners cant shoot the ju87 cant in the 6 oclock if you are below it

That is what you had to do in real life - attacking a formation of Ju-87's from above and behind could lead to a lot of holes in your plane, below and behind and he would never know you were there until you have taken him down.

After all the gunners may have over-claimed massively but attacking formations of B-17s was no fun for the Luftwaffe.

Defensive gunners shot down a lot of inexperienced pilots in WW2, go for the blind spots, or dive-and-zoom. Also for God's sake do not make a beam attack and continue through the middle of a big formation, you will get chewed up from all sides (in BOB 2:WOV I took my squadron through a formation of Dorniers like this once and lost 7 Spits).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back