Bombers / Heavy Hitters Group Build Guidelines.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Suddenly, it's almost time for the fourth Group Build!
This one is very simple and straight forward, with the title 'Bombers / Heavy Hitters', and is open, in the usual categories and scales, for any Bomber, Ground Attack, Anti-Shipping or other specific strike aircraft, from any of the combatant nations of World War Two, from the period September 3rd, 1939 to August 15th, 1945.
The Group Build commences on Sunday, November 1st, 2009, and ends on Sunday, February 28th, 2010.
Note that the GB's now run for four months, with a one month overlap between builds; the currnt GB (MTO) ends on November 30th.
Please ensure that you include all the required entry details in the first post for your build thread(s), and also include these with the final 'Finished' pictures for each build. If in doubt, please consult the Group Build Rules, posted elsewhere in these threads, and if there are any burning questions, just ask!
Looking forward to yet more interesting entries!
Terry.

I have a B-25H ready to start and found a Betty bomber on clearance for $28.00. Hard choice but I thik I will build the B-25

DBII

I'm definitely building a Tupolev TB-3 in Chinese markings. Unless I can find a Farman 220/221/222, the 2nd will either be a French Amiot 143, or a Hungarian Ju 86. Can't wait, but need to finish up my current GBs.

Do 217? Nice!

I see He 177's, I see Lancaster's a plenty.... but a 217? Interesting... I like it. Which KG?

You know, I took a couple books out of the library that have some markings. I think on was III/KG 100, that looked interesting, but I need to check when I get home from school. :D

I got the kit w/ a Ju-87 both in 1/48 for 7 dollars! I was so pleased!

Looks like a varied collection already, great stuff!
I'm planning a Boston IIIA of 88 Sqn., RAF, in 1/48th scale, a 1/72nd scale Fortress III of 100 Group (RCM) RAF, and, if time permits, a Mitchell III of 180 Sqn., RAF in 1/48th scale also. There will definitely be a 1/72nd scale Lancaster of 625 Sqn. RAF, lost in July 1944, which will go to the Pilot's grandson, another forum memeber. The latter will be done anyway, but whether it will be finished in time for the end of the GB I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back