Bonding: Man and Beast

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow. I'm sorry but my first reaction is abuse. Otherwise what a horsewhisperer.

But I'm curious why this could not have been done literally hundreds of years ago. And my mind leaps directly to abuse. Again, sorry.

".... why this could not have been done literally hundreds of years ago."

I'm sorry Mat, I must be thick, :). but I totally don't know what point you are trying to make.

Domestication of animals ALWAYS involved/es a "bond" ... and yes ... we trained 'em, bred 'em, castrated 'em, worked 'em and often ate them ..... DOMESTICATION ... as important as fire to Mankind's evolution. If domestication is your idea of "abuse" ... well .... life with animals must be troubling.

MM

This link is to "Adam and Dog" - a 2013 Acadeny Award Nominee for best short film. A metaphor for Man's relationship with Dog -- before and after sin .... a lovely little film with magical animation.

http://www.filmofilia.com/watch-full-minkyu-lees-oscar-nominated-short-film-adam-and-dog-137958/

Last edited:
Just a gut reaction. Domestication is one thing. But I'm feeling something is wrong with this video. Sorry. I personally hate circus', zoo's and other situations wherein animals are caged or otherwise man handled.

Perhaps a group of pigs, domesticated cats or monkeys would be appropriate to *uck around at the end of a riding crop is acceptable in your eyes. Not me. Count me out.

Well trained horse. I enjoyed it. Reminded me of my grndad, who could get horses to do some of that stuff, like walk backwards and lying down and keeping still. Came from his days in the Light Horse fighting in Palestine. Horses had to be trined not to flinch under fire or when shooting fom the mounted position. Not that easy.

You dont break these horses, you gentle them. They are better and happier for it.

I don't like circus stuff either ... but I agree with Parsifal. We aren't talking about "training" lions or tigers .. we are talking about animals that are intelligent and at some point decide that they like human company and co-operation. Patience and affection go a long way to building the respect that grows between 2 species.

No offense meant, gents. I don't like horses. They scare me. I've seen them on too many occasions do violence against humans on a whim and I personally respect them, but don't wish to be around them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back