Book - "Consairways" aka: Air Transport Command

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RobertN

Recruit
I'm posting this for my father in law, Melvin Westwood, as like many of his generation, is not very computer savvy.

Melvin has authored a book about his experiences in the South Pacific during WWII. His hobby was photography and took pictures of his experiences while deployed in Australia and New Guinea as a young mechanic for the civilian Air Transport Command, often known as Consairways (Consolidated) – manufacturer of the B-24 bomber and provider of contract maintenance for the Army Air Corps.

After years of telling us his stories and showing us the photographs he kept in an old cigar box, I convinced him to compile the stores and photographs into a book: "Contract Military Air Transport from the Ground Up" is Mel's personal memoir and photographs. He has also included rare B-24 Liberator technical schematic diagrams and copies of Consolidated Aircraft company internal documents.

The book is self-published and he would bring copies of it to the ATC annual reunions. However, most of the men now have died or are too old to travel, so there are a few copies of the book left in Mel's possession. More information about the book can be found at:
SkepticalMedia.com - Buy

The men who lived in this period of history are quickly disappearing, as are their stories. I am very proud of my father-in-law's contribution to the history of WWII and would like to see his book become a part of our wartime aviation history. When the remaining books are sold, they will not be reprinted. – Robert Neary, SkepticalMedia.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back