Brad Pitt puts foot in mouth

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

First I want to state that I can't STAND Brad Pitt!

That said, he may have been commenting on Tarantino's take on WWII movies. Most of Tarantinos movies are based on old genres of movies from the 70's such as blacksploytation films and such. "Pulp Fiction" was based on the pulp fictions books of that time. As such, this new Tarantino film is an upgrade of the 60s and 70s war 'B' movies - hence the over-the-top action and blood and guts and goofy storyline.

That may have been what Pitt was commenting on, not so much that its the last great war movie.

Pitt is still an idiot, though. :)

He may be an idiot, but I still think he's a better actor and overall human being than Tom Cruise. I'm wanting to see this movie just as a mindless blood-letting action flick, with no relationship whatsoever to actual history except for the names "Hitler" and "World War Two".

He was just trying to promo a rather duff film and this was the best he could come up with. I for one wont be going out of my way to watch what appears to be total crap

Pitt has only had a few decent films, this doesn't look like it'll be one of them. This is just another "splat" flick...

Anymore, "actors" like Pitt, Cruise and the like are just a bunch of prima donna douchebags competing for the spotlight.

I sure miss the days of real actors...

I watched Henry V with Laurence Olivier yesterday now that guy could act. but for action I sure miss guys like
Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster if you want your Swash Buckling these are the blokes to do it even as old men in Tough Guys they were great character actors

brad pitt sucks..never liked him.

did anybody see that achilles or troy movie.. man..here we are supposed to have one of the great worriors of all time and they present us with a mommyboy that hasent learn to whipe his own ass yet as a great worrior.. after that i swore i would never see a movie with him again..

brad pitt sucks..never liked him.

did anybody see that achilles or troy movie.. man..here we are supposed to have one of the great worriors of all time and they present us with a mommyboy that hasent learn to whipe his own ass yet as a great worrior.. after that i swore i would never see a movie with him again..
I agree, "Troy" was a real disappointment...however, just before that movie came out, another came out and was lost to the media blitz of "Troy".

See if you can find "Helen of Troy" (2003)...it follows the historical epic much much closer, has far more credible battle sequences and there's actually a lead-in with the storyline, as well as the movie following historical events at the end. And most importantly: Good acting! :thumbleft:

I agree, "Troy" was a real disappointment...however, just before that movie came out, another came out and was lost to the media blitz of "Troy".

See if you can find "Helen of Troy" (2003)...it follows the historical epic much much closer, has far more credible battle sequences and there's actually a lead-in with the storyline, as well as the movie following historical events at the end. And most importantly: Good acting! :thumbleft:
It all depends on what you're looking for. Troy was a great action movie but historically incorrect.

I haven't seen this new movie but the first thing I've heard is that it is a comedy and not meant to be historically correct in any way. A bit Kelly's heroes I also read. So if you want to see a good WW2 movie this is probably not it. Just like Pearl Harbor wasn't. But I enjoyed it.

Then again, I'm the guy who things Al Pacino is the most overrated actor in Hollywood. So what would I know? 8)
Kris

1. I will probably not see the movie either. (over the top southern accent) "We are in the Nazi killing business......and business is booming!" - Give me a break

2. I'd rather watch Pitt than Cruise any day of the week.

It all depends on what you're looking for. Troy was a great action movie but historically incorrect.

I haven't seen this new movie but the first thing I've heard is that it is a comedy and not meant to be historically correct in any way. A bit Kelly's heroes I also read. So if you want to see a good WW2 movie this is probably not it. Just like Pearl Harbor wasn't. But I enjoyed it.

Then again, I'm the guy who things Al Pacino is the most overrated actor in Hollywood. So what would I know? 8)
Kris

Don't get me wrong, I like a head-stomping "splat" movie as well as the next guy, but if you are making the movie, don't base it on a well known event (especially historically significent). That would be like Tarentino filming a purely fictional movie "loosely" based on D-Day, full of dark humor, costumes that look nothing like the uniforms actually worn, and a cliche spewing lead man standing on top of the sea wall, mowing down dozens of heavily armed German infantry with a single .45 Automatic.

Back in the golden age of Holleywood, when they wanted to make up a battle film that wasn't historical, they would make it based on the time period (equipment. uniforms, phrases, etc.), and give it a fictional battle with perhaps factual references. It make it exciting as well as entertaining without you wondering what history book the guy was reading when he thought it all up, because you knew it wasn't a historic portrayal. But to name a movie "Troy" with a hero named Achilles and one named Hector, you are certainly led to believe this is something based on the historical event, and expect a little accuracy.

But it seems that times have changed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back