Brad Pitt puts foot in mouth

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There was an epic battle between the kingdom of Troy and an allied Greek army. According to legend, the Trojans and Greeks (Troy was technically greek, but located on the west coast of what is now Turkey) went to war. And the battle continued for about 10 years.

It involved a large number of heros and gods of antiquity and was written about in Homer's Illiad. Eventually the Greeks pulled a trick on the Trojans (the Trojan Horse) and the city fell. It has been said that the descendants of Troy eventually founded the city of Rome, and the legendary stories of the Greek hero Ulysses were based on his long voyage home...called the Oddyssey.

This all occurred around 1150-1200 B.C.

Well, Pitt's got his looks. After that, he's in a little bit of S.O.L. Pretty sure that there's no way he could get a PH.D in anything. Best WWII movie which is 95% historically accurate, that'll be the day. :rolleyes:

I think I'll stick with SPR, or A Bridge Too Far.

There was an epic battle between the kingdom of Troy and an allied Greek army. According to legend, the Trojans and Greeks (Troy was technically greek, but located on the west coast of what is now Turkey) went to war. And the battle continued for about 10 years.

It involved a large number of heros and gods of antiquity and was written about in Homer's Illiad. Eventually the Greeks pulled a trick on the Trojans (the Trojan Horse) and the city fell. It has been said that the descendants of Troy eventually founded the city of Rome, and the legendary stories of the Greek hero Ulysses were based on his long voyage home...called the Oddyssey.

This all occurred around 1150-1200 B.C.

Having read the Illiad I would hardly call it a factual blow by blow account. If you ask me the movie was more relistic than the book. In the book the gods take to the field of battle and Ares actually get injured. Also only one common soldier is mentioned in the book. But then the book was a record of a oral history long after the event.

As for the Inglorious Bastards it looks like another Hollywood Calssic. Such as Pearl Harbour,U-571

I would like him to leave his foot in his mouth if at all possible. I cannot stand celebrities who think they have all the answers to solving the US's and worlds problems.

My son went and saw it and thought it was pretty good, if u remember that its fictional... Not to ruin the movie for anyone, but as it seems that no ones gonna watch it anyways, they kill Hitler at the end...

No historically accurate u say?????

I had a fun time too, I thought it was a good film...Pitts not really in the whole thing (if that bugs people). Most of the film seems to be Mélanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Brühl and Diane Kruger. The movie is not really a "splatter fest"...BUT if you only like your war films factual historical you will not enjoy yourself. Christoph Waltz was great as "the jew hunter"...he gives a chilling performance. And Melenie Laurent was simply fetching as the "damaged beauty" (so, so sexy).

I love "old" (fictional) war films...so for me, this was a good movie. I enjoyed "Kellys Hero's", "Apocalypse Now", "Catch-22", "Where Eagles Dare", ect...and now "Inglourious Basterds".

Actors should act and thats about all!!!!!!!!! brad,tom, and the rest of them will never hold a candel too John Wayne,Kirk douglas, or the others from the40s,50s,60s,

Actors should act and thats about all!!!!!!!!! brad,tom, and the rest of them will never hold a candel too John Wayne,Kirk douglas, or the others from the40s,50s,60s,

I'm just curious about something...do you feel actors shouldn't do interviews about their new movies, or are you talking about something else (like how many celebrates get involved in charity's)?

On a side note...I'm not sure that many of our "classic" actors would have been remembered quite as fondly without the studio publicity machines controlling their public image. I love John Wayne movies, but he spewed out quite a few statements that sounded really racist...and this was after the studio system started to break down.

Im talking about actors who think because they are actors they have a right too put there beliefs out there because they think there special, and yep they do good in charities, But then agian maybe if some people would get a life and not stick there nose up the actors s butt then they wouldnt have a reason too spout off, and just too get it strait am talking about some of the actors not all of them

I think that a number of actors exploit the media's ability to hype themselves up to a certain level. There's even a few "actors" who have put out a couple crappy movies, and they have almost a cult status because they know how to work the system and end up in the tabloids almost on a daily basis.

As far as being politically motivated, I know that actors have always been in the spotlight. But look at how Ronald Reagan conducted himself as opposed to people like Jane Fonda or Sean Penn.

Gawd, that 'Troy' movie...I was actually kind'a lookin' forward to seeing the epic battle between the legendary champions, Achilles and Hector.

Instead I had to endure a 90 minute male models hissy fit...

Sheesh...

JL

Gawd, that 'Troy' movie...I was actually kind'a lookin' forward to seeing the epic battle between the legendary champions, Achilles and Hector.

Sheesh...

JL
In my earlier post:
I agree, "Troy" was a real disappointment...however, just before that movie came out, another came out and was lost to the media blitz of "Troy".

See if you can find "Helen of Troy" (2003)...it follows the historical epic much much closer, has far more credible battle sequences and there's actually a lead-in with the storyline, as well as the movie following historical events at the end. And most importantly: Good acting! :thumbleft:
Helen Of Troy had so much more than Troy. It covers Hector and Paris' visit to Agamemnon's court, all the way through to the evacuation of the city after the Greeks overran it and everything in between. I guess this is a moot point with some folks, but unlike most movies, this movie has also done a good job on the Greek armor (they don't all look like Romans!) :lol:

You should be able to find it at your local video store, or online.

It was directed by John Kent Harrison and starred Rufus Sewell, Stellan Skarsgard, and Jonathan Rhys-Davies.

Attachments

• Helen_of_Troy[2003].jpg
    Helen_of_Troy[2003].jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Sheesh...

JL
True. :lol:

I'll have to check that one out, GrauGeist.

Not to ruin the movie for anyone, but as it seems that no ones gonna watch it anyways, they kill Hitler at the end...

Les you (%!@*$#*!^@(^$#*(!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler alert at least! :mad:

You lot are a bunch of hard bastards. Even movies 'based on true stories' are usually disgustingly inaccurate. there's not many people out there that would think that this is a WW2 doco. it's a movie, suck it up and take it for the 2 and a half hours of entertainment that it is.....

remember the thread for the Nazi Zombie movie? You lot also got up that for being historically inaccurate :lol:

I don't know ... I watched the first 45 minutes of the movie online ... shady quality ... but I just had to know.

I don't know if it's me but I was appaled by this movie.

Ok, so it's fiction. But what kind of fiction? It is about Americans killing all Germans because they believe they are all nazis. But isn't this what we've left behind it years ago? this is the general idea during and after the war. And many uneducated people still regard the war as against an enemy which were all nazi pigs and jew killers. So to see the war being degraded into something so absurdly black and white again just irritates me. There's so much fiction you can write. Why go back and propagate old stereotypes?

Perhaps it'll get some meaning in the second half of the movie?
Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back