Brewster Buffalo footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lindsay

Airman
May 29, 2008
Bendigo
Hi,
Does anyone have or know of ww2 footage on the Brewster Buffalo. Does not seem to be much on Youtube! Cheers!
Lindsay

Great footage! Thanx for that B-N. I'm getting more interested in the little beast myself! Especially after reading books like "Buffaloes over Singapore" and "Bloody Shambles". Some of the stories of what the Buffalo faced in battle is quite amazing!

Awesome this is pure greatness thanks buff :)

Love this, thanks so much.
For some perverse reason I've always been fond of the Buffalo.
Some trivia - I believe the Martin Bomber seen in the vid is the type used by the Chinese AF in the first bombing raid on Japan.

I read on another forum a while back that there is footage that someone has, of the Brewster Buffalo in action over Midway! Now that would be great to see!!

The lowly Brewster holds one of the great kill records of all time. The B239 export (denavalized version of the USN's F2A-1) model flown by the elite pilots of Lentolaivue (LeLv) 24 achieved a record of 26 enemy aircraft destroyed for every brewster B239 lost. The original Brewster was a revolutionary aircraft and if employed appropriately by the Royal Navy as a carrier fighter, I believe it might have actually frestalled the Second World War. It's a fun what if thought experiment that may require a better understanding than I possess of what really happened in Norway in April of 1940. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back