Bring tears to your eyes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
Started clearing out the loft and found 3 vintage airfix 1:24 kits. The stuka, spitfire and Focke wulf 190.

I have been lugging these through life since a kid with the intention of building when my skills where up to scratch and then forgetying about them.

Well opened them up to have a look. Every single one has been delibrately broken across the fuse or wings.:cry:

I can only think it was done when I first moved out from home and shared a flat.

I looked on ebay and a vintage Stuka shifts for a £100.

To make you better, these parts were made of plastic. So there is no problem to put them together with a glue.:) If you do it enough accurate and carefully all will be fine. Really.:)

To make you better, these parts were made of plastic. So there is no problem to put them together with a glue.:) If you do it enough accurate and carefully all will be fine. Really.:)

Thanks for trying. But they have been twisted and torn. Not clean breaks.

That was bad news. But, as Wurger and Grau' say, don't give up. Even if it means a cut here and there, the gaps can be joined, and there's people here who can offer advice. Post some pics if possible and we'll all see what can be advised.

I want pics of those kits that are unsavageable. First I'm dubious. Second, I bet us forum mates can give you tips for making them whole again.

I will try and post some pics before I fly to NZ.

I was hoping to sell the stuka to raise funds and buld the other too.

I think it was a stinkin stupid bastard( shared a house with 2 other guys when I first left home).

Anyone intrested in a scratchbuilt RC Sopwith Scooter. Can have for free but requires a new wing(severe hanger rash) RC gear and engine. Never flown as kids came on the scene. Just have to pickup from Wirral UK.

Attachments

• scooter rc.jpg
    scooter rc.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 97
The 190 is easy to fix. The Stuka is cracked across the fuse and some transparancies smashed. I can fix but was hoping to sell.

The Spit is a mess. Apart from the splits the fuse and wings are badly warped and twisted.

Does Airfix still sell the Stuka?

Prices on boxs are Spit £8, 190 £11.25, Stucka £13.25

Attachments

• spit.jpg
    spit.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 121
  • stuka.jpg
    stuka.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 106
The Stuka looks like it might repair OK, but I agree about the Spit. I'm not sure if the Stuka has be re-released yet, but the Spit, Mustang and FW190 are currently in circulation, at approximately £40 to £44 !! The Bf109 is about £34 - I got one at Woolworths in the January Sales, about three years ago - retail then about £27 - I paid £7 !!
Just thinking, the Spit might build as a twisted, belly-landed example!
EDIT: Last known price of the Stuka was the same as the Harrier, around £50!!

OMG...I had that Stuka kit when I was a kid!

I cherished that model, though the paint job wasn't the best, since I meticulously painted the entire thing by hand, but hanging from my ceiling, it just looked like it was cruising along somewhere across the front lines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back