bristol blenheim mk1 and mk4 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These might help you Bob, taken at DX this year and two years ago. First, the Mk1 as it looked in May, second, the cockpit and nose from the MkIV. The cockpit area was basically the same on both.

Attachments

• Duxford  May 2011 167.jpg
    Duxford May 2011 167.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Czech 071.jpg
    Czech 071.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 244
nice one Terry helps a lot, Thanks.Chris and I are thinking of a day trip to Duxford shortly as we haven't been there since the late 80's when i was ground crew on warbird showdays,after seeing some of your photos on another post boy has it changed

bob2229.jpg

bob2230.jpg

bob2235.jpg

bob2236.jpg

bob2231.jpg

bob2237.jpg

bob2241.jpg

bob2232.jpg

bob2233.jpg

bob2242.jpg

bob2240.jpg

bob2239.jpg

progress so far over 5 nights,the mk1 had the lower cockpit glass missing from the front so i will have to remake this,as there are not many parts they have gone together very quickly but plenty of detailing work now going into the cockpits,

thanks for looking

Despite the issues you seem to be making headway. Having recently built the Airfix I can say comfortably that it is a dog of a kit. Are you going to fix the engine nacells? They are to long and thin.

I have a MPM Mk 1 from back when we did the Battle of Britain GB. I must get back to it some time soon. I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

A nice progress to both of these models Bob. Looking very good.

I have noticed you were using the Revell glue in a tube. You might try to the same glue but in the special container which makes its applying much comfortable.

revell_contacta_25g_300.jpg

revell-cement.jpg

revell-contacta-professional-polystyrene-cement-614-p.jpg

bob2243.jpg

progress so far,both now in camo awaiting more detailing before markings are applied,i will post more detailed pics once i've downloaded them,

thanks for looking

Love these old kits! I have a question for you lot! Does anyone actually use tubes of cement any more ??

I have loads of tubes but never use them as the precision needle glue is just great....lol

I do too for parts where I need a lot of strength or a part that needs to stay in place from the holding power of the glue until it sets up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back