British Desert Storm Sand Pink

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys,

My brother's doing a Jaguar and is deciding what to paint it like. He's leaning towards doing a Gulf War bird, but we have no idea what the colour would be for the pink.

Thanks!

Although it didn't particularly look dirty after weathering, its tone changed quite a bit due to exposure to the hot sun and wind-blown sand. It was a light sand colour, with a hint of pink, and can quite easily be mixed. In enamel paints, it should still be available from Xtracolour, and possibly White Ensign, and I think there's also an acrylic in the Xtracrylics range. If you need any pics, let me know.

It's FS 30279

Here's the color matches:

Model Masters Enamel 2053
Life Color Acrylic UA089
Polly Scale 505084
XtraColor 813

No direct matches to Humbrol, Tamiya, Xtracrylix or Gunze

Does this mean that Master Wayne has a Jag, Tornado or Buc up his sleeeve then?
Not sure, but I think I might have recently seen this an addition to the Humbrol enamels range. I could work out a mix for these, but not for the toy town stuff!

I presume then, that, like the enamels (with the exception of ceratin colours), Xtracrylics are all gloss, for decal-ready applications.

I've used a few different Xtracrylix and they do come out gloss, although this is significantly toned down if you apply them over grey primer. They're a good range though, easy to use, good selection of colurs, but the do tend to be very thick out of the bottle and need thinning before use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back