Brush Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

r2800doublewasp

Senior Airman
Nov 21, 2008
Northern California
Hi! I was just wondering....What is the best way to clean/take care of a paint brush?? I only brush paint my planes(wish I could use an air brush!!). I just usually use testors thinner to remove the paint after i am done and then just put the brush away. The problem is that the brush's bristles become stuck together and the brush becomes hard, making more nasty line when I paint and eventually it becomes useless. What is the best way to clean and keep a brush for the longest time without having to keep buying new brushes?

Thanks R2800
(I use model master and testors paints btw if that helps)

When you have your brushes cleaned with the Testors thinner wash up these with warm water and soap.Then rinse them with warm water and a liquid for rinsing the woollen fabric.

ALso I suggest using brushes of the natural ( genuine ) hair ( sable for instance)

Last edited:
I bought a gallon of lacquer thinner at Home Depot. Once for ounce, costs way less than anything a hobby shop will sell you and it gets all the paint out. You could dip your dried up brushes into it and they'll come clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back