Bud Anderson, triple WWII Ace, aged 100, just got promoted to brigadier general (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dronescapes

Airman 1st Class
Feb 26, 2022
Texas
www.youtube.com
Bud Anderson P-51d _SHO_res.jpg

I met him at an airshow in Clarksville, IN, several years ago. He was with Yeager and two others he flew with in the 357th. Regrettably, I can't remember their names. I got him to sign his book for me, and tried not to bother him too much, he was having fun with his old buds. It was a great day.
What a honor

A great combat history however what is with this rubbish "3 times ace? The man is an ace, do you hear people stating 'Hartmann' 70 times ace, the list goes on. They are all aces from their 5th combat victory.
I got your point, and agree with it, but these type of titles, are mostly chosen for teenagers and / or non experts, intentionally. One of many tricks they use to have more audience!

Agree it is sad so many dedicated websites for legit history and discussion are being overtaken by teenagers and drifters
One could ask: do you want to let a wide audience learn about Bud Anderson or do you want to keep his story contained only among experts? Dante Alighieri, among his masterpieces, published "De Vulgari Eloquentia", which argued the use of vulgar language for the masses. That was around the year 1300. He was either a visionary, or according to some, perhaps a fool, but his idea was to spread knowledge to as many as possible, rather than the very few that could read latin. His approach was quite smart, certainly ahead of his time. Today Dante would probably be dealing with the same kind of argument. It's a matter of perspective. The producers (Air2Air) have been frustrated for some time, unable to reach a wider audience. The title, which is not liked by the "experts", understandably, allowed his story to be reached by a wider audience. Most likely a few more people learned about him, got inspired, searched for more. It might not serve the experts, but I am sure you get the idea

One could ask: do you want to let a wide audience learn about Bud Anderson or do you want to keep his story contained only among experts? Dante Alighieri, among his masterpieces, published "De Vulgari Eloquentia", which argued the use of vulgar language for the masses. That was around the year 1300. He was either a visionary, or according to some, perhaps a fool, but his idea was to spread knowledge to as many as possible, rather than the very few that could read latin. His approach was quite smart, certainly ahead of his time. Today Dante would probably be dealing with the same kind of argument. It's a matter of perspective. The producers (Air2Air) have been frustrated for some time, unable to reach a wider audience. The title, which is not liked by the "experts", understandably, allowed his story to be reached by a wider audience. Most likely a few more people learned about him, got inspired, searched for more. It might not serve the experts, but I am sure you get the idea
Love the appreciation for Dante (I really love "La Vita Nova") and agree with your greater point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back