Butchering the Butcher !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! It's been 'interesting' doing a 1/72nd kit again! Maybe I might do some more, but I'll ensure that they are at least the size of a Lanc!
Anyway, got a bit more done. The decals are on, and the first coat of clear semi-matt applied. I had a bit of trouble with one upper wing cross, which refused to slide into place properly, no matter what I tried. It stuck like s*&t to a blanket, and then curled under itself! Managed to get most of it straightened out, but two corners refused to behave! Just means I'll have to paint in the rest of it!
The prop and canopy shown in the pics are only trial-fitted, and I was very surprised that the very small white spiral decal went on at all, let alone almost correctly; again, a bit of touching up will cure this. Just got to tidy up and then fit the wheels, the ETC drop-tank cradle, and other small bits, then paint the prop and plonk the model on a small base. Now that it's got some identity, has anyone guessed which well-known photograph the model is based on?
If not, you should find out by January 1st!

Attachments

• Group build 057.jpg
    Group build 057.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Group build 059.jpg
    Group build 059.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 71
  • Group build 060.jpg
    Group build 060.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 63
Thanks again guys! You're right Wojtek, it was very quick! Must be the fastest ever but, as you said, it's Hobby Boss, virtually built already! Nice little kits, if you only want a 1/72nd replica of a particular type; I very much think the assembly idea is based on metal die-cast models. There will be better kits, that allow room for detailing, especially the cockpit, but I couldn't find one locally at the time.
It has really brought home to me how bad my hands must have become over the last few years. With larger scales, modelling now is just a little bit more difficult, but with this one, I even found it very difficult to hold whilst painting - any more 1/72nd kits will definitely be Lancaster size!

Yep ..I remember about your health problem.It has to be very hard for you to hold a such little bird in your hands.:(
I use a long thin jeweler file for sticking a model by a hole for propeller.I haven't mentioned it to you but I usually make a spinner+a propeller+its rotary system as a separate piece which is mounted just finally.

It's finished!
I'm moving the rest of the pics to a new post in the 'Start to Finish' thread but, just as a little teaser, here's a section of a pic.
NOW can you tell which well-known photo it's based on?!!

Attachments

• Butcher 021.jpg
    Butcher 021.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back