Buying larger photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yerger

Airman
Jun 12, 2009
Ive gotten some from the Boeing Photo Store and a few from RAF Hendon

Need help for buying quality larger size prints, primary interest is B-17 (early models) but P-61 and several RAF types wanted.

clear and quality, would appreciate being sent any links. Below a shot of my favorite, a current though, looking for period photo prints

Thanks
Mark

yewrg*at*comcast.net

Attachments

• 048B.jpg
    048B.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from wanting a real one one in my garage, this among those sought in period photo prints.

Attachments

• 045B.jpg
    045B.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
That Sea Fury I believe is about 10years old IIRC thats when she was bought , note the Canadian Civil Registration

Some free ones are available from the RAF. Max size 1024*768. RAF - History Gallery

There is also a modern gallery with pictures sizes up to 1280*1024 but there are no period pictures, there are some of the BBMF which might interest you. Also have a look around the forums, there are a fair number of large size pictures around. Of course you will need to print these yourself on to photo (or similar) paper for best results.

If you are looking for quality, large size prints, you need photos that are at least 300dpi for a quality print. I would discourage anyone from framing an ink jet print. I had a few I did years ago and even under fluorescent lighting, they faded in about a year. It was as bad as a photo that had been exposed to direct sunlight for a much longer period.

For framing and display, you need a real photographic print, archival quality is my preference, but most photo labs will give you a photo that will last substantially longer than an ink jet print.

I have some posters on my web store that you can take a look at Posters : Van Gilder Aviation Photography Store

(*disclaimer- It costs nothing to look and no one is under any obligation to buy anything there, but feel free if you want to. ;))

I also sell print of my photos at a reasonable cost as well. You can contact me through here or through my e-mail if you are looking for something specific.

Looking for period photos (not warbirds) like this one I bought from Boeing in 20 x 30 format.

Black and white or color

I look for 11 x 14 or larger quality.

It costs for quality photographic prints, not looking for scanner junk.

Photo and frame (pro framery) for below came to $210

So looking for quality worth framing.

Attachments

• B-17one.jpg
    B-17one.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back