Calling all 109 experts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogerpit

Recruit
Jul 18, 2012
I want to eventually build a 1/48th scale Bf109E-4 and was wondering which was the best kit. Is it Hasegawa or Tamiya?

If your going for already in the box, both are good from personal preference on fit and parts I'd go Tamiya the Hasegawa might be a better kit or better in line with the actual aircraft but I like the fit of Tamiya too well :D, if your going for unusual models that you can't find in those two brands or something that you can super detail later, I'd go with Academy.

If your going for crazy detail already in the box, I'd go Eduard, they offer the best kits with PE and markings on the market pretty much :)

If I had them all in front of me I'd choose Eduard, there after service department is also one of the most curtious in the industry.

Agreed, I have built just about every 1/48 '109 out there, IMHO, the Hobbycraft Canada offering combines good detail, accurate lines and a reasonable price.
I am not sure about availability, you can check "oldmodelkits.com" they might have a few around.

For simplicity, the Tamiya kit....each is good in different ways, I build and like both, and like Paul built them all except the Eduard....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back