Camarillo's latest arrival

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
The American Aeronautical Foundation, owners of the B-25 "Executive Sweet" have acquired and finally received a C-47 Skytrain. This is another of the former Israeli C-47s that have about 60 years of military service! From WWII to Belgium, France and Israel, these aircraft have had one heck of a service life. This one is a C-47B, SN: 43-49531. For it's age, it looks to be in fantastic shape!

Attachments

• DSC_2186.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_2188.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_2195.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_2198.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_2200.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 101
I'm not sure how involved the restoration is going to be, but they flew it down from Canada, and said that the oil burn rate was excellent and it ran like a champ. I am guessing they will be redoing the inside and probably a new paint scheme. Since I am in Camarillo often, I can keep tabs on the progress of this one.

Great pics and great news! I just love the 'Dak', maybe it's something to do with it being the first aircraft I ever flew in, but I could stand (actually, sit these days, hurts too much to stand!) and stare at one all day. When I think, as a youngster visiting my local airport, I used to take them for granted, to an extent, when most of them were ex-military with WW2 service records!

Users who are viewing this thread