Can anyone help identify this part found on Crete ? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rnzaf

Recruit
Jul 23, 2014
queensland Australia
I found this pulley at Maleme in Crete in 2011 poking out of some freshly moved earth,can anyone help me identify what it is and possibly what it was off ? there are no stampings that i can see.

many thanks

Mike
Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 2.31.34 pm.png

Or possibly something not aviation related. I've seen mechanism like that used as window risers, inside of car and truck doors.

It's not a trim wheel. As already pointed out, it is servo driven and not designed to be turned by hand.
I have no idea what it is or even if it comes from an aircraft...so not particularly helpful :)
Cheers
Steve

That view makes me even more sure it's a window riser mechanism out of a old truck or car. Those countersunk phillips screws look mighty familiar for the inside of a door, under the interior upholstery. Right to the left of the rightmost screw is the shaft ( the end is broken off ) that the window riser handle attaches to.

Back when the side windows weren't so big and curved a lot of the smaller vehicles just had a cable mechanism to wind the windows up and down.

I've seen them in old Nissans, Toyotas, Opels, VWs, etc. 50's 60's.

The P-39 had roll up door windows, I wonder what it's mechanism looked like ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back