*Can someone help me out* Dale Clarke and P51's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mclarke

Recruit
Jun 11, 2008
Hi,
Im new to the forum and had two questions to throw out and see if someone could shoot me some information on them.

My uncle who passed away not to long ago was really big into restorations and also raced Reno alot... his name was Dale Clarke. Does anyone on here know that name?

Second question pertains to purchasing old war birds. Im looking for a old p51mustang where do you find that.

You mean an actual P-51 Mustang?

I know some Warbird magazines have ads in the back for restored warbirds- but they don't come cheap. I remember a restored P-51D going for about 5 million and an F4U going for 3.5.

I'm sure you can find other places if you look around on-line but as I said before, they will cost an arm and a leg and maybe a left kidney!

I don't know if you still check this site (been a long time since your post), but I felt compelled to reply. I am assuming you are referring to the Dale Clarke that flew the Sea Fury "Nuthin Special." My father built one of his houses and we knew him while he was building/flight testing his Yak. Unfortunately, he was lost due to the tragic (and from what I hear, still not fully understood) crash of a Thunder Mustang prototype. Dale was a great guy and my father and I still miss him. He was a truly gifted pilot and always took time to explain stuff to me when I was a kid hanging around his hangar with my dad. Hope this helps some and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

MClarke,
To go along with Omalley, Dale was a great modeler too and flew C/L and R/C stuff. He was a talented pilot.
If you're doing as well as Dale always seemed to, Mark Clark is a good source, but all of the stuff he sells is at the highest of retail.
"Daily driver" Mustangs are available for significantly less than 1.7 million dollars.
Chris...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back