Can you ID this plane wreckage?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
pilsen6a.jpg

Not the Junkers Ju 88/188 in the foreground, but the tail in the background...the "H" tail. What is it?

Yep.. also the fin was of egg-shape rather. The one seen in the pic seems to be of the trapezoid.

Last edited:
It's the one in the background which is being questioned Don, and it doesn't look like a '110 - fin, rudder and fuselage cross-section are wrong.
Maybe a Siebel, or Junkers type, or a captured French aircraft.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of, but with a woozy head and still feeling rough, I couldn't remember the number !!

ju288c-3.jpg

? the rudder tops are angled in like a 110's unless that is me looking at paint painted up at an angle, anywho I'm not a WWII aircraft expert and I agree that the horizontal sets too low for a 110.

I'll say! Though I was hoping for something more exotic. :(
Well, it's not too bad of a candidate for an exotic find, the Si204 wasn't all that common...out of all the types, only the D-1 was produced in any quantity (just under 500)

All in all, just over 1,200 aircraft were produced, so it's relatively rare when compared to other trainer/transports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back