Canada Day - punching above our weight again

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

michaelmaltby

Colonel
Jan 22, 2009
Toronto
It is July 1st - Canada Day - :) - and all right-minded Canadians are proud of how our country has regained pride in our Armed Forces (since the low-ebb point of the 1980's). We are peace-makers again, not peace-keepers, and there is great pride in the "starch" once again visible in our men and women.

As you watch this short publicity video bear in mind that our forces are now in withdrawal from combat activities in Af'stan. Said activities to be concluded by end-July - in 31 days. Trainers and out-reach personnel to remain.

I have mixed feelings about our withdrawal. On these threads - several times - I have urged the Germans to renew their country's commitment to fighting and not simple occupation. Yet now, sadly, my country is turning from this fight; which began formally on September 11, 2001. The fight is neither won nor concluded. But I sense that in both the US and Canada there is a growing feeling that Afganistan demonstrate the will to save itself or be lost. I would be most interested in the views of members on this topic.

Also bear in mind that we don't make friends and allies by pleasing our sworn enemies.

Please, enjoy some fantastic photography - especially for tank-lovers, our 'Leo's' :) in the dust:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg05TyR9CAo

MM
Happy Canada Day

Attachments

• CAF_Leopnistan.jpg
    CAF_Leopnistan.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Well, today I'm going to simply enjoy the fact that I live in the greatest country on the planet. Debates about the geopolitical scene and our role in the world can take up the other 364 days. It's time to sit back, twist off a cold one and enjoy the day.

Happy 144th Canada!

Happy Canada Day guys! I agree with Andy, today's a day to relax, and just enjoy the summer, sit back and watch the NHL Free Agent "Frenzy" and go see a Sabre fly later.

Well, I'm late as usual, so I won't mention the T-shirt I saw awhile back that said "Canada...America's hat!".

:evil4:

Anyhoo, hope y'all had a good one! Ours is tomorrow, and, as a tech support guy for a Canadian software manufacturer we use told me, "Celebrate on the 1st for Canada Day...take the second and third to work off the hangover, then a quick hop across the border to 'help' our American cousins celebrate! Good luck getting tech support on the 5th..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back