Canadair CL-13B (Sabre MK 6)of Bundesluftwaffe with Martin Baker ejection seat 1:32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
After all this protorypes of Kurt Tanks Focke Wulfs I've to smell some kerosin again. The Sabre is an all time favorite of me. After building three old Hasegawa Sabres I thought trying a Kinetic kit would be an easier job. I was completely wrong.
Kinetic is offering a F-86 F-30??? as a Sabre MK 6. This means heavy sanding and engraving is waiting for me.
First I will show the most urgent snags of the kit.

The picture on the box is missleading. This is defenitly no MK6!

MK 6_01.JPG

This ugly rivets no one can see on the original ac. standing just some yards away is a real nuisace with chinese kits.
Standing very near this sabre I can't see the rivets at all.

MK 6_02.jpg

A big mistake is that two rocker arm levers for the slats are missing on each wing.

MK 6_03.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you back Michael. Looks like you have some work ahead of you on this one. The main thing though, is the wing the right one, and is the fuselage width correct? I might consider doing an RAF Sabre in this scale some time, but it would be nice to be able to just add detail, rather than have major work to correct things!

The edge of the rudder fin is too thick. Keep sanding!

MK 6_04.jpg

Filling F-86 F-30 holes right side.

MK 6_05.jpg

Left side.

MK 6_06.jpg

New holes have to be cut out and a bunch of new panel lines are waiting for you.

MK 6_07.jpg

Right side of the real ac.

MK 6_09.JPG

Left side of this outdoor queen.

MK 6_08.jpg

Special attention to the correct looking of this opening in front of the fin.

MK 6_ 13.jpg

Of course Kinetic omitted these intakes of the Orenda -10/14 engines.

MK 6_10.jpg

An item I cannot claim on Kinetic because it is my wish to built this late variant with a Martin baker seat. Introduced when the german Sabres went into the fighter bomber business.

MK 6_11.jpg

With seat installed.

MK 6_12.jpg

The seat.

S martin Baker.jpg

Now this is interesting - I hadn't realised there were modifications to the canopy tracks to allow it to clear the seat when opened. Quite a complex modification, and should look good on a model.

Hi, I'm still finding new bugs on the Kinetic kit.
This is a picture of the "MK6" belly which is comnpletely different to part "D14" of the kit.

MK6_ 08.jpg

Wondering from where to get those scoops for the Orenda engine I remembered an old Frog -kit of a Lightning in 1:72. Well I keep a cardbox filled with unbuild kits of the past years. Two days I digged into it and there it was. The intercoolers on the booms seemed right.

details2.jpg

There is is the result of my efforts. A coat of primer revealed more flaws. This time by me doing bad scribing and filling. But time will correct this I hope.

2012  MK 6_13.jpg

I thinned the front edge of the rudder and corrected the airvent to "MK6" standards.

2012  MK 6_12.jpg

Last edited:
Part "D14" of the Kinetic kit is for a F86-F. Correction: part "D14" is part "D15"! Sorry!

MK 6_ 17_2.jpg

The belly of a Sabre Mk5/6 looks like this pic.

MK6_ 08.jpg

Last edited:
The modified wing:
To do it correct you have to fill all guidance rails for the slats and cut eight new ones. Well I was too lazy to do so and only filled one and added three new rails where I liked to place them.
The plastic of the kit is very thick and its texture is questionable to say the least. :mad:

Attachments

• MK 6_ 21.jpg
    MK 6_ 21.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
When you build a Kinetic Sabre be aware of heavy rasping the side consoles of the cockpit otherwise you can't close the fuselage halfs correctly.
Regular checks of the fit are essential.
Left side still needs some fine honing after rescribing.

MK 6_ 19.jpg

Right side is almost finished.

MK 6_ 20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back