Canopy trouble...... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hi all!

I was curious if anyone can point me in the right direction for the Ju-87 D-5 canopy replacement.

My grandma is getting older, and she threw all of it out today well I was in school. I was planning on masking it and painting but I came home to find she threw the bag out and the garbage truck already came...

If someone can point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated

It might be easier to check some of the model web sites, to see if, for example, Squadron produce a canopy. They'll normally be listed under the scale, and 'Detailing parts - canopies' or something similar. It might also have 'Vac form' included in the name, which just means it's made by vacuum forming. Another canopy source, again vac form, is Ventura, and there are others, probably Aires, Aeroclub etc.
Other than that, it's write/ e-mail to Revell(?) and request a replacement part. But, as you probably know, this can take some time! I've been waiting abou t6 weeks so far, for a replacement for a missing part from Airfix. BTW, quote the kit name, number and scale, and the part number and description when requesting a part from the manufacturer.Oh, and ask for a replacement Grandma!!
EDIT : Posted at the same time as Doctor Wojtek!

Definitely punish your grandma (or get a replacement)

You need to contact the following person:

Angie Pannarale
Revell USA

her email is: [email protected]

Simply provide Angie with the Kit # and ask her if the kit is still in production and if not, is it likely that they still have replacement parts. If she refers you to the Revell Website to order a replacement part, politely tell her that you don;t want to waste 3 months waiting for an official reply that says your kit is discontinued. :lol:

I took a close look at the instructions in your build thread and that kit is a Revell-Monogram kit which SHOULD be handled thru Revell USA so Angie is the right person to contact.

Great info there Dwight. BTW H, if you have to get a vac form, don't worry. They are rigid enough to be handled as normal, although they will need trimming from the surrounding excess plastic, and the great benefit is the virtually scale thickness, and fantastic clarity. Also, I gave a wrong name in my previous post, instead of 'Ventura', it should read 'Falcon vax' . Sorry, my brain was in 'neutral' I think!

:lol:

Prompt response

12-15-9

Harrison,

To all Retailers/Dealers and Consumers:

If you reside in the US and Canada you can order online by going to our website.

Parts can be ordered at no charge off our website by going to www.revell.com. On home page click "Online catalog". At next screen scroll down until you see, on the left side, the word "parts". Click on Parts". ** On next screen choose category: "Replacement Decal", "Replacement Parts" or "Instruction sheet"; complete required information for all fields. ** This step needs to be repeated if ordering more parts.

Each time another part is ordered, add to cart by clicking on blue 'add to cart' button. This will take you to a new screen to order another part. If you want to order something other than another part, it is necessary to click on the word 'Parts' again which will again bring up screen to select "Replacement Decal", "Replacement Parts" or "Instruction sheet".

When all parts have been ordered and added to cart, scroll to the top of the page and click on flashing shopping cart icon to review your order. If satisfactory, click on the yellow "checkout" banner. This will take you to the screen to log in as an Existing User or register as a New User. If you have ordered from us in the past, enter your User Name and Password and continue on with the next several screens until your order is complete. If you are a new user DO NOT ENTER A USER NAME OR PASSWORD at this screen-User Name and Password will be created when registering for the first time.

There are no guarantees parts/decal/instructions will be available for any kit discontinued over two years. If the parts/decals/instructions you requested are in stock they will be sent to you. If they are not, we will notify you, under separate cover, either by an email, if provided or a Post Card.

Please note: All Revell of Germany part requests are processed by the Revell U.S. office. Parts requests are accumulated and sent to Germany for fulfillment on a periodic basis. Kindly allow 10 -12 weeks for receipt of your order.

Regards,

Revell Inc

Consumer Services

Are we talking about the conopy for Harrison or you are trying to date them? :lol:

ROTFLMAO .....

@Harrison,

That's the EXACT reply I got - All you can do is go ahead and submit the order and be PATIENT. Revell is NOT fast about replying.

Well I got Revell's replacement but they forgot the F*CKING canopy.

They put in the flame dampers but forgot the dam canopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back