Can't wait for this one!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Didn't know about this, looks good, or it will once I can get home and see the site at least. My uncle was one of those on the Kokoda trail, before that he was in Tobruk as one of the 'desert rats', but then he was shipped home and straight out to PNG once the Japanese were getting too close.

looks like a good year for pacific theatre war films
This is also coming out
http://www.flagsofourfathers.net/

I think Spielberg has something coming up as well.

If it makes it to the states, it sounds interesting to me. Flags is being directed by Clint Eastwood and he will also be later releasing another movie that tells the story from the Japanese side. It will be interesting to see what they do with that. Talk about a crappy job, being sent to die, and knowing that you are there to die.

Guy's I've just seen the movie Kokoda, and can tell you all it was pretty damn good! It's a very realistic portrayal of jungle warfare, the Japs are rarely seen and seem to melt out of the jungle before killing some poor hapless Aussie. The film shows the horror of the New Guinea conflict with brutal scenes of Japs bayoneting a captured Aussie soldier tied to a tree while the Aussie's also give out their own brand of justice to a wounded Jap. The film also shows the disease and hard conditions these blokes had to put up with. If you get the chance, go and see this movie you shouldn't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back