Captured "Butcher Bird" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

otftch

Staff Sergeant
Dec 8, 2006
Franklinton,NC
Here is a Revell FW-190 in 1/72 scale. I found the photos of this bird on the internet. If anyone has any info about these markings, I would apprciated it. The markings seem to be a mixture of US and British.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC04840.jpg
    DSC04840.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC04841.jpg
    DSC04841.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC04842.jpg
    DSC04842.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC04849.jpg
    DSC04849.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC04850.jpg
    DSC04850.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC04857.jpg
    DSC04857.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 184

Attachments

• 3_2_b1.jpg
    3_2_b1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 180
  • ajn.jpg
    ajn.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 3_1.jpg
    3_1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 171
  • cap0.jpg
    cap0.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Thanks guys. it sure would have been easier to have a decal sheet rather than make up the individual numbers.
Ed

Nice model. The link to Falkeein's (Neil Page's) blog pretty much covers this machine. The spoof serial on the tail,1-1-45,is of course the date of operation 'Bodenplatte' on which this aircraft was captured.
Cheers
Steve

The spoof serial on the tail,1-1-45,is of course the date of operation 'Bodenplatte' on which this aircraft was captured.
Cheers
Steve
I thought that might be what the tail numbers were. Thanks for the info. Nice to have verification.
Ed

Found some info on another site on this bird.

I had a letter from the 404th's CO Colonel Leo Moon re this machine;

" the aircraft was painted red by a crew who had overheard me saying that I had always wanted to own a red airplane ..the OO*L code was placed on it because we had created an 'imaginary' fourth Squadron in the Group, and as in the 508th, we used the first initial of the pilot's name as the last of the three code letters. Since I agreed that we should try and get the 190 into flying condition everyone considered it my aircraft and added the 'L' accordingly..when it was ready I taxied it at all speeds up to near takeoff speed but we had no clearance to fly it from the Anti-Aircraft. After taxiing in I found the tires soaked in hydraulic fluid and they were so deteriorated I felt that they were unsafe..we spent considerable time looking for new tires without success. I don't feel too bad about not flyng it - I did get to fly the Bearcat which I believe was more or less a copy of the 190 -although no-one ever admits it..."

Aircraft before its reb paintjob...

White2011Crop.jpg

And after...

moon.jpg

RtSide.jpg

Great story there. Thanks for posting it. It's gonna be nice to see someone build that one for the Captured GB fer sher!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back