eBay: Japanese airplanes and other hardware. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Shinpachi. When I tried to use Google Translate, where you draw the characters, mountain was mentioned twice. Using copy/paste with your characters, "元山三山" it gave me "Miyama Motoyama". Probably still not right

I find no exact explanation in the internet and my books but we can read it Genzan Sanzan in Japanese (Wonsan Samsan in Korean).

In my impression, the airframe might have been dedicated by a local chamber of commerce located in 元山(Wonsan City in North Korea). There are 3 holy famous mountains (三山 - Samsan in Korea) like 白頭山(Bekto-san), 金剛山(Kumgan-san) and 妙香山(Myohyang-san) around Wonsan City.

Last edited:
More pics of the Ki-61 at Kawasaki in Kobe.
As the combined oil/water cooler under the fuselage was missing, Kawasaki reproduced it from the beginning.

Kawasaki_Kobe_07.JPG

Kawasaki_Kobe_08.JPG

The upper engine cover attached to the fuselage before restoration was confirmed dummy (shown as B).
Kawasaki reproduced the accurate engine cover (shown as A) to replace this time.
1st photo shows accurate condition.
2nd panel photo shows covers A and B. Explanation says 3D scanning and CAD modelling contributed to this work so much.

Kawasaki_Kobe_12.JPG

Ki-61_engine_cover.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back