Carol Shelby......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Coors9

Senior Airman
Jan 24, 2008
St.john's Newfoundland
The great Mr. Shelby passes at 89. Hope he's up there gearing threw a 427 Cobra as I type. Rest in peace Legend.

another one passed me by, didn't he just design the new mustang 1000hp machine. The man could build some d*mn specatacular machines there will never be another.
An instructor in the Army Air Corps and a test pilot with Chuck Yeager

Attachments

• salute.gif
    salute.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 309
  • halfmast.gif
    halfmast.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
There's not much that deals with horsepower that he didn't have a hand in. I think it's kinda neat that he had a big hand in handing a one, two punch at Le Mans to Enzo Ferrari in 1966 taking first and second place quite handily and winning it the next three years also. Twice with the same chassis.

I read about the Viper, seems Carol had designed a much smaller agile machine, then Chrysler got it's hands on the car and doubled its weight. As I recall Carol was not very happy with the result

I just finished reading a book called "They Also Flew", it was about America's Enlisted pilots from pre-WW1 up to the middle of WW2. Carol Shelby was one of them, a Sgt Pilot. I never knew this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back