Cars that should never have been made! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This thing?

250px-Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg

My stepdad had a Citation for a short while. What a POS. There are probably a bunch of vehicles that could fit into this category.

I will add the Plymouth Prowler. While it looked interesting enough (like a Chip Foose car), they only gave is a 214hp 3.5L V-6 with an automatic transmission! So instead of a badass hotrod that could lay down a strip of rubber, you got an anemically powered wanna-be, for about $39,000. What a freakin shame.

Note that this was a later model. The 97 Prowler only came in yellow.
1P3EW65G4XV502570A.jpg

Last edited:
Anything Mopar so many bad cars its hard to name them all . Some went fast most didn't but thats North American and we could cross the pond and the list becomes ever so much longer

Wow, what an open topic, there are sooo many. I'll try to keep it to my top ten
1. Ford Pinto- the exploding (in rear end collisions) car. Beyond that Ford Execs made the ultimate calculations: $121 million to fix the problem vs. $50 million to payoff victims. Obvious conclusion: Let 'em burn
1. Chevy Corvair – the rear engine "Unsafe at any Speed" Ralph Nader car. Chevy Execs knew the car would spin out during almost any rapid turn maneuver yet they refused to make any modification in the rear suspension, PLUS: it leaked oil like the Exxon Valdez, Heater sucked exhaust into the cabin, solution: In a front end collision, if the gasoline burning accessory heater located in the front trunk didn't explode the solid stearing column was a spear pointed at your chest!
1. Yugo – Seemingly assembled in the Soviet-bloc at gun point, engine went ka-blooey, electrical systems sizzled, parts just fell off.
2. Ford Explorer – the grandfather off all the Porker cars, a big, heavy, gas guzzler
3. GM EV1 – the first of the electric vehicles, massively expensive to build, light and fragile, neither the original lead-acid or lithium battery packs had any real storage capacity giving the car very little range. This PR disaster killed the electric car.
4. Plymouth Prowler
5. Fiat Multipla – can we say UGLY. The high beams were located at the base of the windshield, followed by the low beams on the fenders and fog lights below: looks like a deformed frog with six eyes.
6. Ford Excursion – almost the ultimate Porker: 7,000lbs (4,000kg), 19ft (6m)long, 6.5ft (2m) tall. Ford engineers installed a Blocker Bar under the front end to keep it from just rolling over lesser cars in a collision
7. Pontiac Aztek – UGLY, a plastic clad mess topped off with multiple eyes and nostrils, dogs bark at it as it passes by.
8. Hummer H2 – the ultimate PORKER, a 10mpg militaristic civilian tank.
9. Chevy's SSR – a hotrod truck body grafted to Chevy's mid-sized SUV chassis. Can you say Heavy, Under-powered, and Lazy. By definition Hotrods are one-of-a-kind home-built, i.e. there is no such thing as a factory built hotrod
10. AMC Gremlin – To beat Ford and Chevy to the subcompact market, AMC took their Hornet and chopped off its rear-end. Enter the Gremlin with its long low front end and no rear. It was heavy and choppy handling since it had no rear suspension travel

Last edited:
The original Mini 1100/1300 were ground breakers
John

And pre-dated BL. The Marina was a pile of poo.

It takes some doing to build a Land Rover badly but somehow we managed it in the 1970s!

Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back