Cars.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Having a pile of V-8's sitting and waiting for attention, and waiting for my canopy masks to arrive, I thought that I'd start ever so slightly with the RAMCHARGERS Dodge, possibly followed by the COLOR ME GONE II and MAVERICK....

DSCF0002-67.jpg

DSCF0001-67.jpg

DSCF0002-66.jpg

Also have a tasty Revell '49 Mercury custom, ready chopped and everything that keeps poking me in my side.....

DSCF0003-60.jpg

DSCF0004-51.jpg

The decals for the grocery getter.....

DSCF0005-51.jpg

Hemi! 8)

DSCF0006-40.jpg

Tooling around just a tiny wee smidge... Will look nice all red and businesslike. Now, this is a car I can see myself going to and from work in and annoy those diaperhunters.....sorry, I mean boyracers! :oops:

DSCF0001-68.jpg

Nice kits Jan! 8)

I haven't built a car since I was a kid, I still have two 1/24 Lamborghinis, a Countach and a Diablo somewhere at my parents place. Both brush painted. I can remember slathering on the Humbrol gloss red and getting a nice smooth finish on them. I might try and do another car build sometime now that I have the proper equipment.

Cheers guys! Still undecided about the rollcage for the moment. Posted at a NASCAR forum, which also deals with the good ol' F/X from the 60's to see what's what....:lol:

Here's a pic of that countach I built when I was about 11 :oops: Not a smooth as I remember! And the wing mirrors and wiper got lost over the years. It's a bit dusty too!

SL380117.jpg

SL380118.jpg

Don't know where the diablo is!

It's inspired me to build another one, iirc it was the only tamiya kit I bought as a kid, so I googled it and discovered they have released an updated LP400 kit, the Mk1 Countach (the one above is the LP500S), I prefer the LP400, it has much cleaner lines then the later models.

I'm bidding on ebay for one, I want to build it in one of those whacky 70's colours, green or orange I reckon. 8)

Lamborghini_Countach_LP400_02.jpg

lp400_top_orange.jpg

Watch out for a build thread soon!

Nice one Jan!

Great Lambo Keith looks awesome!

I'm still half way through making a pro street esq 66 Fairlane. That Merc is also one of my favourite cars Jan so you better do a damn good job mate!! :lol:

Great cars guys, I like the older ones, at least one could tell at a glance the make and model, not like today when at a glance they look similar.

I've a couple if F1 to build on a rainy day and have a Bugatti 1991, Lambo 1988 and Chevy 1997 to grace my shelves.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Got another four Jo-Han '64 Dodge Super Stocks, four Lindberg '64 Petty '43' Plymouths, a plain '64 Plymouth, a Jo-Han '64 '43' Plymouth, five AMT '66 Ford Fairlane, Revell '67 Dodge Charger, Revell '67 Dodge Coronet, 3 AMT Chevrolet '57 Bel Air, one AMT '60 Ford Starliner, one AMT '56 Ford Victoria, one '62 Pontiac Catalina 421SD, one AMT '64 Ford customizing kit, one AMT '70 Super Bee, one AMT '64 Mercury Marauder....and a Polar Light Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II 'Cale Yarborough'......

All these are gonna at some point become NASCAR Darkside racers.....'48-'72, or factory sponsored dragracing machines. 8)

Nice Jan! :D

I took my neice out to a large toyshop near my place to get her some accessories for her dolls house, while I was there, I saw this, I just had to buy it!

SL380138.jpg

It's great to see someone having a bash at some of the oldie cars, i had a fad several years ago and loved them to bits. I would love that MASSIVE Ferrari car you can get is it 1/12th or something like that is it a F40 8)

My last car was the black charger from 'the fast and the furious' i built it for my son's birthday, just searched for it and i can't believe it was in 2006 :oops:

Re: my son's dodge charger [ pic's ] - FineScale.com Forums

I'm glad your enjoying yourself with your models Lucky 13, it might start me off again :car29:

ian.

Nice Jan! :D

I took my neice out to a large toyshop near my place to get her some accessories for her dolls house, while I was there, I saw this, I just had to buy it!

SL380138.jpg

Nice kit for your niece! What accessories did you get for your doll house?

:lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back