CFS3 ETO Expansion problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Muzza

Recruit
Mar 27, 2022
Is anyone out there able to assist in this problem , I have finally located all the expansion updates and and installing the first one. All went well except when attempting to change the Bat files for MASTERETOSTARTUP and ETOGLSwapper files to reflect windows 10 Program Files (x86) and save at amended Bat file, it tells me I don't have permissions to change the file and to see owner or administrator, Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks

Is anyone out there able to assist in this problem , I have finally located all the expansion updates and and installing the first one. All went well except when attempting to change the Bat files for MASTERETOSTARTUP and ETOGLSwapper files to reflect windows 10 Program Files (x86) and save at amended Bat file, it tells me I don't have permissions to change the file and to see owner or administrator, Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks

Are you logged into Windows under an Admin password?

Are you logged into Windows under an Admin password?
Thanks for the response . Not that I know of, although I managed to get the CFS3 organised. Not being the greatest computer wizz, I would appreciate guidance how to create one

Thanks for the response . Not that I know of, although I managed to get the CFS3 organised. Not being the greatest computer wizz, I would appreciate guidance how to create one

This is what I looked up, but I'm no whiz, so good luck:

If you're using Windows 10, version 1803 and later, you can add security questions as you'll see in step 4 under Create a local user account. With answers to your security questions, you can reset your Windows 10 local account password. Not sure which version you have? You can check your version.

Create a local user account

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users. (In some versions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
  2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
  3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
  4. Enter a user name, password, or password hint—or choose security questions—and then select Next.

Change a local user account to an administrator account

1. Select Start >Settings > Accounts .
  2. Under Family & other users, select the account owner name (you should see "Local Account" below the name), then select Change account type.
    Note: If you choose an account that shows an email address or doesn't say "Local account", then you're giving administrator permissions to a Microsoft account, not a local account.
  3. Under Account type, select Administrator, and then select OK.
  4. Sign in with the new administrator account.

Hope it's helpful.

This is what I looked up, but I'm no whiz, so good luck:

If you're using Windows 10, version 1803 and later, you can add security questions as you'll see in step 4 under Create a local user account. With answers to your security questions, you can reset your Windows 10 local account password. Not sure which version you have? You can check your version.

Create a local user account

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users. (In some versions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
  2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
  3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
  4. Enter a user name, password, or password hint—or choose security questions—and then select Next.

Change a local user account to an administrator account

1. Select Start >Settings > Accounts .
  2. Under Family & other users, select the account owner name (you should see "Local Account" below the name), then select Change account type.
    Note: If you choose an account that shows an email address or doesn't say "Local account", then you're giving administrator permissions to a Microsoft account, not a local account.
  3. Under Account type, select Administrator, and then select OK.
  4. Sign in with the new administrator account.

Hope it's helpful.
Thanks for that, found I am in as an administrator but also found that I needed to change properties in Microsoft Games to be an administrator too which fixed my problem. Thanks for your help and coming back to me so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back