Change of pace...Audi R8 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LA2019

Airman 1st Class
Jan 11, 2009
First off, thanks to Wurger for letting me post this...thanks!!!

After building several WWII aircraft I felt the need to try my hand at something other than another airplane. I was at my local drug store several weeks ago and spyed a 1/24 Revel Audi R8. I've always liked the look and performance of the Audi and thought this would be a nice temporary break from aircraft.

The kit itself is ok though not a beginers kit. All the parts are clean and most pieces fit fine. The only issue was the body to chassis fit. In a word, it was terrible. It took two days with epoxy and clamps to fit it properly...somewhat frustrating. But with persistence I got it on; straight too!

The kit was built straight out of the box. The engine, chassis and interior were all hand painted with Model Master paint. The body was sprayed with Tamiya Light Gun Metal. On the real R8 the flying wing panels behind the doors are supposed to be painted silver/aluminum. But I don't really like the look myself so I painted mine all the same color; hey, it's my car, I can do what I want!

Overall, a fun build except for the chassis/body fitment problem. But, it was a nice break from the usual aircraft...though I've already started on my 1/72 Helldiver.

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

Very, very nice. I enjoy building models of autos, also. I usually build classics and American muscle cars. The R8 is a beautiful car, though!

Thanks for the comments guys. It was a fun build and it looks good on the model shelf.

But, back to aircraft!!! I'm currently working on a 1/72 Airfix Helldiver. I'm in the process of drilling all of the dive flaps. By the time I'm done I'll probably be in a padded cell........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back