Chat room? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Its late and I'm thinking so sorry if this is a bad idea :lol:

On other boards I've noticed chat room/IM like thing on the bottom of the screen, it would also probably lower amount of threads in the off topic section. Obviously i'd have to be a feature just members with accounts have cause you wouldnt want spammers straggling in and using that

Anyways just a late night thought.

This idea came up already some time ago. It was decided not to do add a Chat feature, because we did not want to take away from the actual forums. If there were a chat feature, people would do more talking in that area, and less on the boards.

Very true! I was thinking it'd be more of an off topic kinda deal and not really for actual discussion since it'd get pretty cluttered with people talking about different things.

As I said, late night thinking!

...and the mods would have no real way of monitoring the chat without camping in the chat room. Good idea, but would likely get out of hand real quick even if limited to members only. Just take a look at some of the political chatrooms on the net and you can see they spiral into cussing, insults and namecalling immediately. I know, because I've done it! :toothy5:

Also it will take away the benefit of an international forum, when the guys on the westcoast get up, we in Europe already go to bed again. So no chatting between those two sides of the globe.

Hi I'm from Los Angeles and I'm so happy that I'm here at this moment. Any way besides of being happy i wold like to ask you if you know burial at sea long beach? do you have nay idea about it?

***MOD edit: Link removed.
I'm happy you're there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back