Checkin' FL340 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OldManP

Airman
Oct 13, 2012
I figured after posting intensely for a few days in the WWII aviation section, I'd better check in here.

I'm not a modeler of beautiful aircrafts as many of you are, but I do admire your diligence and attention to detail. One day I hope to work on some with my son, like my dad did with me (son is 4 yr old, so a couple of more years and he'll be ready).

My only claim for knowledge is that I am a pilot, and in the military. I won't go into too much detail right now, but I do love my job, and even though some of "us" have priority issues, I know that the reason i fly is to support the guys on the ground, in general. There are additional reasons in some cases, but if it ain't boots on the combat field then it's everyone else back home walking on my home soil that I consider "guys on the ground." I take my job seriously, but please, please! remember that I love humor and often utilize sarcasm--sometimes too much. I was identified by one of my bosses (in a stern email) that my sarcasm is not well received via written messages (i.e. email/forums/text messages), so I will keep it to a minimum or note it obviously when speaking(read-typing) in dry/scathing tones.

Thank you for hosting a great forum like this. I attribute my love for aviation to my father, ground MX crew on F-4s in Vietnam (2 tours), and my grandfather, Waistgunner on B-17 (shot down over Berlin, POW camp survivor).

Thanks/Cheers/Prost!

OldManP (OMP)

p.s. My Title to this thread has some significance and slight humor that may find it's way to discussion at a later point.

"... my sarcasm is not well received via written messages (i.e. email/forums/text messages), so I will keep it to a minimum ..."

Don't. Its bad to keep it in, man ...:) Just signal a heads-up .. :)

MM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back