Christmas Present

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Well, mine has come a little earlier, and with a heafty price tag. The wify let me get a new joystick and throttle for my flight simulators. I introduce you to the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Hands On Throttle and Stick). 22lbs of pure metal fun (and officialy licensed by the Air Force). Its a exact repelica of the HOTAS found in the A-10C. Yes, its going to be a good christmas.

When you get your gifts, post them here for the community to see.

Beau, that's a really nice set-up, I'm not a video gamer but that does look like fun.
And i'm just like Airframes, his name is right next to mine on Santa's naughty list

Yep, lots of buttons, but thats why I like it. While flying I dont have to take my hands off of the sticks and push different things on the keyboard, its a lot more manageable with everything being at my fingertips.

Cool! Now all you need are the rudder pedals. When I was flying the flight sims, I found they enhanced the flying quite a bit.

Definitely a nice stick and throttle setup, not that I am envious or anything...:-\"

lol, funny you say that, I have had the rudder pedals for about 2 years now. The HOTAS is replacing my x52 system, so I am excited.

How much longer did your 'honey do' list get? ;)

Funny, but it didnt. I let her get a food processor for when she is cooking in the kitchen, so it was a equal trade. She cooks, I play. I think it seems fair.

But seriously, she is awsome to let me get this. I really didnt have to, but I saw them and had to have them. She knows how serious my addiction is to flight sims, as she makes fun of me all the time for it.

I got it cause im converting over to DCS: Warthog. The controllers were designed for this game, and as soon as you plug them in the game reconizes it and map's the buttons to the ones in game, thus you have a realistic setup of the A-10C.

I went on a friends sim, he was annoyed coz I wanted to roll the 777. Never had a chance to go inverted! Not a sport at all. Flying heavies on a sim is boring.

There are no telling how many miles and hours I spent flying the big passenger planes on Fligth Simulator. I eventually went over to combat sims, and thats where I am all the time now. And since I converted to DCS A-10, I have had more fun in the past few weeks than I have had in a long time. And multiplayer is a hoot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back