College

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
I thought i'd post this here because this is my primary section on the forum and all you guys are my main community and people. :D

In a week I will be starting college summer session as a freshmen. It's about a two hour drive and i'll be studying Molecular and Microbiology (pre-med track). In modeling terms, I think i'm going to have to put it on pauses except for holidays and the week breaks between semesters. I'm not sure on it all because I will have to see how much room I have in my apartment style dorm. I already know it's not a lot of room but maybe i'll be able to squeeze some stuff in there. But I already know from June 26 - August 12 I wont be modeling at all.

There's many ways I could do things, such as just building kits and painting at home or working on kits when I come home say for a weekend. But I think overall I will just put the breaks on it and focus on my learning and the social aspects of college. I wanted to leave you guys on a good note so i've been trying to get the Havoc done.

I will still be popping in and checking stuff daily, seeing how all my mates are doing and such. It just sucks I can't continue full force after learning so much and gaining so much in my modeling. I am happy how far i've come from that first 1/72 corsair I posted without the painted canopy because I didn't know any better. :lol:

All my improvement comes from you guys..

But I thought I would let you guys know, thanks for the friendship and jokes along the way. Looking forward to more of it!

Corey

Last edited:
Nice one Corey. Hope you have an enjoyable, and successful, first term at College. The studying comes first, but you always need time to unwind and let the bain cells recover! If modelling is a possibility, then it's a great way to unwind after a tough week!
Good luck mate!

Yes Corey, good one. As one who missed the opportunity to attend college I applaud you for making this happen for Yourself. Pop in, see who is doing what, but there is plenty of time to come back to this great hobby in the years to come. Perhaps just grab a book now and then to relax with. Fight for the sky by Douglas Bader would be a good one to start with. Just enjoy the trip you are going on, do well, make Yourself proud. All the best mate from Down Undah. Bill

G'd on'ya Cory. Needless to say your career must come first, but like Terry says, modelling is a great relaxant that you can get totally absorbed in. Any way mate, good luck with the studies and social life and just pop in from time to time to let us know how your doing.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Best of luck mate!

angrypimp.gif

Thanks for the encouragement guys, yall are the best. I hope I can model, during senior year I always craved it when I was studying. You know how that goes, you want to do something when you have no time and you dont do it when you do have time.

Great idea bill, I will need to find myself into books as reading is learning and gets the imagination going.

Catching up late with this thread. Best of luck with your studies and overall college life Corey.

Last edited:
Hi all, just letting you know I just got home from college. Summer semester is over and I came out with two A's for english and philosophy. Point aside, 2 week break before fall.. possible model?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back