Combat reports of Luftwaffe? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

G

gomwolf

Hi. A question here.

There is lots of USAAF and USNAF combat reports in the web and all of you can read it if you want. I bought a japanese combat reports book. It is pretty thick, expensive and it wrote with kanji. I need long time to read it completely. However I cannot found Luftwaffes one. There is little pieces of reports in the web but I couldn't find assembled one. I want to read any organized pilot's reports or gruppe's one or geschwader's one.

If anyone who know where can I read it or buy it, please tell me. I really appreciate you.

Gomwolf.

There are a set of 6 or 7 volumes covering the biographies and victory claims of Luftwaffe aces, published by 'Wingleader' in the UK.
Whether or not they include combat reports I don't know, and of course, this is only from those pilots with 5 or more victories. At £30 per volume, they are not cheap, so it might be worthwhile contacting the publisher, to establish if these will be of use to you, before buying !

Hi. A question here.

There is lots of USAAF and USNAF combat reports in the web and all of you can read it if you want. I bought a japanese combat reports book. It is pretty thick, expensive and it wrote with kanji. I need long time to read it completely. However I cannot found Luftwaffes one. There is little pieces of reports in the web but I couldn't find assembled one. I want to read any organized pilot's reports or gruppe's one or geschwader's one.

If anyone who know where can I read it or buy it, please tell me. I really appreciate you.

Gomwolf.

I doubt that there are any published collection of LW pilots' combat reports, because IIRC nearly all were lost. You can find a sample of the first volume of the volumes Airframes mentioned here: http://www.wingleader.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/LuftwaffeAces-Vol1sample.pdf

LW combat report looks like this

Attachments

• 19.3.45_LW_pudotusilm_Comp01.jpg
    19.3.45_LW_pudotusilm_Comp01.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 435
  • 19.3.45_LW_Pudotusilmliite_Comp02.jpg
    19.3.45_LW_Pudotusilmliite_Comp02.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
There are a set of 6 or 7 volumes covering the biographies and victory claims of Luftwaffe aces, published by 'Wingleader' in the UK.
Whether or not they include combat reports I don't know, and of course, this is only from those pilots with 5 or more victories. At £30 per volume, they are not cheap, so it might be worthwhile contacting the publisher, to establish if these will be of use to you, before buying !

Thanks for information. I already got volume 1 of it. It is just lists of victory claims. Actually, You can get almost same data in online.

I doubt that there are any published collection of LW pilots' combat reports, because IIRC nearly all were lost. You can find a sample of the first volume of the volumes Airframes mentioned here: http://www.wingleader.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/LuftwaffeAces-Vol1sample.pdf

LW combat report looks like this

It is sad news to me. That picture is exactly what I want. Is there any information about micro film data? Quarter Masters loss records were left as a micro film.(of course, its condition is quite bad.)

Thank you for information. I will keep trying.

I don't have any information about micro film data, but that proves nothing. Maybe only hope is that something might still be hidden in Russian archives.

Ahhh... Western allied force should never have been yielded berlin. They dump too many informations to Russian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in fairness it has to be said that the then Nazi authorities were burning just about everything they could ahead of the advancing allies (whoever they were) in april 45.

IIRC BC bombing destroyed most and most of the rest were burned by the Germans during the last days of the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back