communist aircraft of the korean war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jrk

Airman 1st Class
Jul 26, 2005
staffordshire
SOVIET.

MiG-15_1.gif

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

Mikoyan-GurevichMiG-15bis.gif

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15bis

YakovlevYak-17UTI.gif

Yakovlev Yak-17UTI

CHINESE.

IlyushinIl-10.gif

Ilyushin Il-10

Lavochkin_La-9.gif

Lavochkin La-9

TupolevTu-2.gif

Tupolev Tu-2

YakovlevYak-9P.gif

Yakovlev Yak-9P

YakovlevYak-18trainer.gif

Yakovlev Yak-18 trainer

along with Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15bis,Yakovlev Yak-17UTI.

NORTH KOREAN.

PolikarpovPo-2trainer.gif

Polikarpov Po-2 trainer

along with

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15bis

Yakovlev Yak-9P

Lavochkin La-9

Ilyushin Il-10

Yakovlev Yak-18 trainer and harassment

That's intersting the way the YAK-18 is sitting on it's nose. I notice in the background is a P-35, so that had to be taken in the US?!?

I Got a Mig for ya!

I actually helped assemble this ex Polish AF Mig-15 UTI back around 1995/ 96. It is owned by a building contractor named Tom Brown and is maintained and flown by my friend Dean Soast. I've gotten to fly with Dean on several occasions and even did a 50th Anniversary Korean War Fly-by in a T-33 with this Mig and an F-86 in formation. The few times I didn't have a camera! :cry:

This is at Mojave Airport, Mojave Ca.

Attachments

• tom_brown_s_mig_952.jpg
    tom_brown_s_mig_952.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 386
This mig actually started out life as a single seat aircraft, It went through a depot in Poland and was converted into a trainier and was used as a forward air control aircraft (we had the information translated from the aircraft records). It was taken out of service in the late 1980s and placed in storage. When we were putting it back together (it was in a box) you could see where the depot installed the "Turtle Back" for the rear cockpit. The quality of the installation was poor, many clenched rivets and improper rivet spacing

Yes it would! In the US when you import an ex-military aircraft the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) gets involved in the process and inspects the aircraft upon it's arrival. If the guns aren't de-militarized, they impound the aircraft and it could take years to get It "out of jail." The most common practice is to drill big holes through the breech and chamber of the gun and even pour cement into the breech.

Here's a pic of what i think is a MiG-16. If im wrong you have permission to correct me! :) This is a pic i took at the Fort Walton air museum.

Attachments

• mig16_109.jpg
    mig16_109.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 303
P38 Pilot said:
A Mig will never end in an even number Mig-1,3,5,7,9,15,17,21,23,25,27,29,31, etc.............
Wow. Didnt even know that! I wonder why the Russians do that??

You'll have to ask Anton Mikoyan - actually the fighter design bureaus did the same, bombers and transports were even

Users who are viewing this thread

Back