Company boss refuses to employ ex service personnel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What a douchebag. He apparently has gotten so much flak he posted a response on his webpage:

Press Release - Webeurope, Somerset

Karl Winn - Personal Statement
Background

Karl Winn, blah blah blah...

I admit that at one point in this private exchange I did say I would prefer to offer employment to criminals because they had at least been investigated and brought before the courts to be held accountable for their actions. I regret making those comments if they were to be made public, as i would have made my point in a more tactful way, but it was said in private, and it was made clear that this was my personal view.

:evil: I'm sorry, but I stopped reading after this blurb. WTF? You can make a comment like this when its private and off-the-record, but change your tune when someone else overhears? I'm sorry, but if you have an opinion on something, whether or not I happen to agree with that opinion, have the frikkin hairy coconuts to STAND UP FOR YOUR OWN BELIEFS AND OPINIONS, you spineless sack of shite!!!! We may disagree (and on this issue, we definitely will), but I will still respect you for standing up for your beliefs. Rolling over and trying to backpedal? You make me want to puke, dude.

ETA: (that wasn't directed at Viking....we're cool, bro! :occasion5:)

You know, it's a damn-good thing that there are folks in service who toe the line for dellusional idiots like that clown Karl, so he can sit on his stupid ass all comfy-like and point a finger at those who make his life safe, and accuse them of all sorts of crap like he is doing.

I dream of the day that he and his kind could be dumped in a lawless third-world hell-hole so they can see what it's really like outside the secure borders of a nation that refuses to tolerate punks bent on religious/political domination of thier fellow human beings.

Going off track but it always amuses me how Bloody Sunday is repeatedly mentioned by Republican groups and supporters. Just how many innocent civilians did the IRA and their ilk kill over the years?

But then again, the democracy soldiers died for means people are allowed free speach..........

I think the way that is reading, it is not just soldiers that are in his sights. The way I read it even a public service Teacher would have trouble getting employment with him. I read it as he wasn't going to employ anyone who was under government pay not only soldiers. I wonder whether when the Police see the address pop-up as an issue, they will prioritize it just slightly lower than getting that shoplifter out at the local mall.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is targeted at the Guy the thread is about and not me. I just say things the way I read and see them which is slightly different to everyone else. Once people get used to me they understand my occasional social slip-ups are not intentional.

From an american point of view the UK seems to regulate much more than the US does. So for those in the UK, are their no british discrimination laws that would forbid this sort of thing? I'll send an email too. to bad we don't have a crew like the wikileaks guy

Hopefully this is targeted at the Guy the thread is about and not me. I just say things the way I read and see them which is slightly different to everyone else. Once people get used to me they understand my occasional social slip-ups are not intentional.

Sorry if I was misunderstood. It was meant for the idiot refusing to hire vets.

I got your points, T. No apologies necessary.

I'm just curious... who resurrected this thread from 9mo ago? :lol:

Nor did I sorry. I thought you meant the bloke's hiring policies. I thoroughly agree the bloke is not thinking properly about what he wants. He is hopefully going to get taken for a ride by his own employees as that is what he deserves...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back