completed 1/72 kits (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aqua_ta

Airman 1st Class
Aug 9, 2008
Southampton,England
Hi guys and gals, I haven't posted here in a while but I have been busy at the modelling table.
I present two Academy kits, the P-51C Red Tails edition and the F4u-1A. The P-51D is Hasegawa.
redlftrear.jpg

redunder.gif

f4u_1.jpg

f4u.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

DSCF2783.jpg

Nice work. 1/72 is the usual scale I make my attempts at. As a complete novice, i have a question....how much detail do you try and put into your cockpits?

i only build 1/72nd mainly because when i started collecting that was what available with the biggest subject matter,i didn't used to put any detailing in at all as you can't see much in such a small scale but after seeing what you can do by some of the telented chaps and ladies on this site i'm starting to change my mind

Thank you for your comments.
Parsifal, I tend not to add any extras to the cockpits due to their small size and limited visibility once the kit is built. However some newer kits have good detail from out the box.

Thanks guys for the comments, and my apolgies for off topic questions. its just that i have discovered quite a few after market cockpit kits for 1/72 from people like Eduard that look positively awesome. OTOH, Most of the time you cant see too much of the cockpit, which made me wonder if it is worth it to buy them. most of the kits i have had (about six, so my sample is very limited) have quite passable interiors,...enough to do a bit of work on....not always hitorically accurate, but makes the cockpit better than the older models from 30 years ago.

signed

Unsure

I guess I have to think about this. its an issue for me in the upcoming GB-13

Great work mate!

How were the P-51C and -D to put together? Have both of them in the stash.
Hi a4k, the Academy P-51c was a good build with no problems. The only part that I had to fiddle with was the centre canopy section, which wa a bit of a squeeze to get in. The Hasegawa P-51d was also good,with the only issue being the loose fit of the main gear which meant some jiggling about and supporting to get them to dry at the right angle.

Last edited:
Hi a4k, the Academy P-51c was a good build with no problems. The only part that I had to fiddle with was the centre canopy section, which wa a bit of a squeeze to get in. !The Hasegawa P-51d was also good,with the only issue being the loose fit of the main gear which meant some
jiggling about and supporting to get them to dry at the right angle.

Cheers mate! (A bit surprising the bad fit of the Hasegawa undercarriage!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back