Consolidated XP4Y “Corregidor”

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aurum

Airman 1st Class
Jan 17, 2009
Kyiv
Does anybody have any draw or scheme of this experimental flying boat. I do have nothing except few photos.
It was quite interesting occasion in worlds aviation history when flying boat was converted into land base strategic bomber that became legendary B-24 Liberator. It had directly the same wing. The only difference was 4 engines instead of 2 on XP4Y.

And what changes of fuselage did happen I am interesting in.
Untitled-2.jpg
XP4Y-1_in_flight.jpg
model 31.jpg

They later made it a cannon armed anti-ship/sub testbed with drastic modifications to the nose area. Look at the San Diego Aerospace Museum website and search in their on-line photo database for any combination of Consolidated XP4Y "Corregidor" and prepare to be amazed! Enjoy!

They later made it a cannon armed anti-ship/sub testbed with drastic modifications to the nose area.
I only know that it was armed by 37-mm cannon + 2 Brownings
Look at the San Diego Aerospace Museum website and search in their on-line photo database for any combination of Consolidated XP4Y "Corregidor" and prepare to be amazed! Enjoy!
Would you so kind to share direct link, please :)

My mistake! The really good pictures I was talking about were in an old issue of AAHS journal that I have. (Just re-found it today!) Let me know if you still need it. Send me a PM.

Sorry for the delay!

Regards, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back