Corsair Profile [WiP]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

phas3e

Airman 1st Class
Mar 31, 2007
Hi there

Thought I would share this my fist (almost) finished aircraft profile.

CorsairWIP_16.gif

I hope to do a few RNZAF schemes and print them off, maybe sell them locally to cover printing costs, before doing some RN, USN, and USMC schemes

Comments welcome :)

Looks pretty damn good to me, except for the red on the prop cover.... Doesnt quite match up...

This is why I post WiPs :)

I hadn't picked up on that, so I shall saturate the colour down.

Im keen to do request schemes by the way :)

You mean make a whole P40 of NZ3072?
That will take some effort, it taken me well over a week of working on it every night to get the Corsair to this point let along finishing it.

A P40E/M/N is going to be on the cards but it may be a while before I do it :)

If I like the results odds are I will try my luck selling them on trademe for around $10 each.

in the Mean time if you have a Corsair scheme you want I would be happy to try it, and send you a full sized pic that you could get printed off :)

No problems on the VC Corsair, i have an English friend I was going to do some RN One for I forgot about that one :)

I use Photoshop CS3, I have a Tablet but didnt use it on this profile, the next one I will employ the wacom.

Very good, Phase! I've just been using the 'mouse' for mine. Must get a tablet, make life a lot easier; instead of 8 or 12 hours, I could probably get it down to six! Haven't got Photoshop anymore, so I use Corel Photopaint 9, seems to work OK, but I should really get Illustrator I suppose.

KZ-COR_Profile.jpg

Hunter Hawk, if you know please tell me if the info on this one is correct, I believe you live near it?
Also if you know anyone involved with the Corsair be sure to let them know about the profile :D

Great work! I have plans to do a 1/48 scale P-51 Miss Velma but haven't been able to locate any decals for it. If you're not still taking requests, could you point me in the right direction? I also have another project I may need help with decal wise as well.

Cant say I've ever looked into doing Decals, maybe try over at simmerspaintshop
someone there might be able to help

NZ5410_Profile.jpg

NZ5445_Profile.jpg

Fantastic! However, the F4U-1D scheme is incorrect. You have a scheme that would appear on a -1A on a -1D. -1Ds were almost exclusively overally Dark Sea Blue and the red was removed from around the roundel at some point in 1943.

Sorry I should have mentioned this is a 'restored' scheme of a local (nz) Corsair done as a request.

11936.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back