Corsair Profile [WiP]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

phas3e

Airman 1st Class
Mar 31, 2007
Hi there

Thought I would share this my fist (almost) finished aircraft profile.

I hope to do a few RNZAF schemes and print them off, maybe sell them locally to cover printing costs, before doing some RN, USN, and USMC schemes

Comments welcome

Looks pretty damn good to me, except for the red on the prop cover.... Doesnt quite match up...

This is why I post WiPs

I hadn't picked up on that, so I shall saturate the colour down.

Im keen to do request schemes by the way

You mean make a whole P40 of NZ3072?
That will take some effort, it taken me well over a week of working on it every night to get the Corsair to this point let along finishing it.

A P40E/M/N is going to be on the cards but it may be a while before I do it

If I like the results odds are I will try my luck selling them on trademe for around $10 each.

in the Mean time if you have a Corsair scheme you want I would be happy to try it, and send you a full sized pic that you could get printed off

No problems on the VC Corsair, i have an English friend I was going to do some RN One for I forgot about that one

I use Photoshop CS3, I have a Tablet but didnt use it on this profile, the next one I will employ the wacom.

Very good, Phase! I've just been using the 'mouse' for mine. Must get a tablet, make life a lot easier; instead of 8 or 12 hours, I could probably get it down to six! Haven't got Photoshop anymore, so I use Corel Photopaint 9, seems to work OK, but I should really get Illustrator I suppose.

Hunter Hawk, if you know please tell me if the info on this one is correct, I believe you live near it?
Also if you know anyone involved with the Corsair be sure to let them know about the profile

Great work! I have plans to do a 1/48 scale P-51 Miss Velma but haven't been able to locate any decals for it. If you're not still taking requests, could you point me in the right direction? I also have another project I may need help with decal wise as well.

Cant say I've ever looked into doing Decals, maybe try over at simmerspaintshop
someone there might be able to help

Fantastic! However, the F4U-1D scheme is incorrect. You have a scheme that would appear on a -1A on a -1D. -1Ds were almost exclusively overally Dark Sea Blue and the red was removed from around the roundel at some point in 1943.

Sorry I should have mentioned this is a 'restored' scheme of a local (nz) Corsair done as a request.

Users who are viewing this thread