Could the Japanese have captured Hawaii if they had won the battle of Midway?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Russian ones?

Or the American or British ones.

The people in the dock at Nuremburg weren't privates; they were high level officers, people who have always have both latitude in interpreting orders and some expectation of their voices being heard upward in the chain of command. Certainly, quite a few US generals have not "shut up and soldiered" when given orders they disliked. Witness McClellan.

I don't know about Malay and the Philippines but I see no reason they would be any different there.
In Malaya I don't think the locals, especially the non-Chinese ones really had any reason to fight the Japanese. Foreign rule is foreign rule, British or Japanese, just keep your head down and keep on working. The Malays hate the Chinese so much, that they may have supported Japanese actions against the local Chinese Malays.

I was in KL last year, where I sell agricultural supplies, and every business is owned by Chinese. The Malays resent this to today, and hold a real hatred for their Chinese countrymen.

The odd thing about stuff about the nationalist is they decry the war crimes of their enemy as barbaric but the war crimes of their own side as fine and dandy.

One can talk about such items but you run into politics and then it turns into excrement.

Zuikaku would be sacrificed as it no longer had a purpose anymore. And it's luck ran out. No point been an aircraft carrier when you got no aircraft to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread