Country Music?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What's with the cheesy lyrics, prancing around the stage like a kangaroo with a bad case of hemorrhoids, singing with a nasal twang so you sound like a love sick alley cat that just had his privates stuck in a chain link fence! Man I hate what passes for country music nowadays. Bring back Waylon, Willie, and the boys I say, and schmitt-can the rest. (Did I just write the lyrics to the next country hit;)

I like old country , Waylon Jennings , George Jones stuff. Even my man "The King Of Cool" Dean Martin did a bit of country. Look up "My Rifle, My Pony and Me" or "Houston" .

My wife left me for the rodeo champ
My dog got run over by a car
My trailer is rusting apart
My tractor no longer runs and my truck has a flat
There is a tear in my beer
For you my dear
Cuz you are the only one on my lonely miiiiieeeend (simulating a twangy voice)...

Yeah I am not really a fan of country. ;) I do like some songs and some individual artists, but not a lot of them.

Last edited:
Don't forget the guy/gal sawing on a screechy fiddle that sounds like someone torturing a cat with a electrified pitchfork!!!

Last edited:
As an ex New Yorker it took me a long time to appreciate country,it's my favorite now, got to listen to the words,there's a story there. I still like every other music format but when I have a stressed out day,the ride home will be a country station.

Not a fan of sh*t kicking music either....on the other hand, the old sh*t definitely kicks the new sh*ts *ss!
My dad like those guys......can't remember their names right now, but they sang alot about railroads trains etc., Wreck of ol' 97, City of New Orleans, Wabash Cannonball and a few others...

Love me some Shania, music and her. In fact, she is my wife approved Hollywood excuse to cheat. If Shania ever wants to visit me for the night, my wife has approved it. hahahahaha.

Love me some Shania, music and her. In fact, she is my wife approved Hollywood excuse to cheat. If Shania ever wants to visit me for the night, my wife has approved it. hahahahaha.

Yeah, well, good luck with that;) Be sure to let us know if she wears sparkly lingerie and how hard your wife smacks you with the rolling pin afterwards:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back