Croc attack!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildcat

Major
Apr 11, 2005
South East Queensland
Talk about a great photo :shock:

A MONSTER crocodile came within a metre of making a meal of a fisherman on a Northern Territory river.

The saltie came alongside the small boat - probably looking for a free feed of fish - and suddenly exploded out of the water.

It almost got its jaws around 27-year-old Israeli tourist Novon Mashiah (TOP), who was leaning over the back of a dinghy posing for a photo.

The crocodile, estimated to be more than 4m long, landed on the side of the boat and then crashed back into the water.

"I was shocked - the animal clearly wanted to kill me,'' Mr Mashiah told the Northern Territory News.

"One minute I was leaning over the boat teasing it for a picture. The next minute it burst out of the water with incredible speed ... its jaws fully open.

"I was shaking,'' he said.

Mr Mashiah's fishing mate, Doron Aviguy, 22, snapped the pic from a bigger boat nearby.

The two Israelis were working as fishermen when they came face-to-face with the croc on Friday morning.

Mr Mashiah said that when he saw the croc approaching he leaned over the back of his boat.

"I began playing with it for a photo,'' he said.

"I was pointing at it when it suddenly jumped up at me - I didn't realise that crocs were so aggressive.''

Mr Aviguy said they were not alarmed when the crocodile first approached the boat.

"I was laughing but it wasn't so funny in the end,'' he said.

Mr Mashiah, a personal trainer from Tel Aviv, only arrived in Darwin recently. He met Mr Aviguy in Brisbane in early this year.

Mr Aviguy finished three years' national service in the Israeli army and has been backpacking for
11 months.

They travelled to Darwin and got jobs fishing.

"That's it - I'm not getting close to crocs any more,'' said Mr Mashiah of his photo attempt.

And the lesson is: Never tease a croc | NEWS.com.au

Attachments

• 0,,5921457,00.jpg
    0,,5921457,00.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 17,077
Yep, bang on Thor! Everyone's turning Aussie now it seems...
We could use a few good salties round here at the moment!:D

Attachments

• tiger.jpg
    tiger.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,770
  • SFzoo.jpg
    SFzoo.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 4,717
  • ap_dhaliwal2_080109_ms.jpg
    ap_dhaliwal2_080109_ms.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,928
Almost as dumb as the 2 guys teasing the Tiger in San Francisco to see if they could get a reaction. {They did}

The tiger "Tatiana" was so pissed she jumped up over a 12.5 foot wall to attack them.

According to the Norfolk Va. newspaper, they were zapping at her with a slingshot !!
No wonder she got tick'd off....

Charles

THX for thee xplanation. Last year I grabbed a cayman out of an apartment resevoir. Only 3 foot but with atituse!

How cowardly is that to provoke an animal stuck in an enclosure?? And WE'RE the 'highest lifeform' on the planet???? That's an insult to cockroaches...

(nice one Thor BTW! A little culling now and again couldn't hurt!:D )

According to the Norfolk Va. newspaper, they were zapping at her with a slingshot !!
No wonder she got tick'd off....

Charles

That's what I heard too, she'd need a pretty big reason to jump over the wall. I mean look at the size of that wall, to provoke a 300+ pound Tiger to jump over would take some doing

How cowardly is that to provoke an animal stuck in an enclosure?? And WE'RE the 'highest lifeform' on the planet???? That's an insult to cockroaches...

Yeah a real couple of winners there...

That was one dumb action, teasing a 4m croc. This 'll learn him.

I've seen the Croc's snapping at their food, it's a sight to behold! {if they were really so slow how did the dingbat tourists think the Crocs could catch food?}

About the Tiger attack, no'one is 100% sure what happened apparently.

Whatch the video in the link Freebird provided, the Zoo wasn't living up to stds. and the police were kept for 15min outside the gates.

Ever heard of Bokito? He is the male Gorilla in the Rotterdam Zoo.
Last may a woman was making faces to him. She did that every week, thought "she had contact with the animal". Suddenly Bokito didn't like it anymore, jumped over 4 metres of water and grabbed her. She was injured very badly. Then he ran into a restaurant were they were able to catch him.
The woman sued the zoo, but they had done everything according to regulation, so nothing to blame them. Nobody could suspect that a full grown 160 KG Gorilla could jump over that water. BTW she was dumb enough not to leave him alone.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

About the Tiger attack, no'one is 100% sure what happened apparently.

Whatch the video in the link Freebird provided, the Zoo wasn't living up to stds. and the police were kept for 15min outside the gates.

Yes the wall should have been 16 ft. high, but was only 12.5. Apparenty there was some mis-communication with the cops. The fact that Tigers had lived in the enclosure for decades, but all of a sudden something provoked this tiger to attack is telling. The guys deny it but some people had seen them with a slingshot. Also note that the Tiger ran into an outdoor cafe full of people but only attacked these two idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back