Curtis 4 Blade propeller Hub ID

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gunsights

Airman
Feb 4, 2016
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could help me with the original application of this hub?

It's a 4 blade Curtiss that was mounted on a P-47 in a museum at
one point, but I think it is original to
another aircraft.
part # at number one spigot is;

Mfg no 14s576

Cast into the base flange is the number

I have pics ,but havent figured out how to post them yet.

Thank you for any info !!

Tough one Gunsights because neither of the numbers you quote are of use without the parts list for that prop. The second number may be the slip ring part number but if so it will almost certainly be common to more than one prop.
Attached are all the Curtiss props in use by the USAAF as of Dec 1943 and this will give you an idea of the prop and blade part numbers you are looking for.
If you look very carefully at the blades from a fairly flat angle you might be lucky enough to see the prop or blade numbers or pitch settings where they are stencilled on the blades. Unfortunately if anyone has given the blades a hard rub back before repainting these numbers will be obliterated - the location of the stencil varies. Obviously if the prop was overpainted without rubbing back you may be able to find the numbers by very slowly and gently rubbing the paint back wet and dry paper.

Happy hunting

props p3.jpg

props p1.jpg
props p2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back