Customer service and not .....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm. A bit on the slow side! I'm waiting to hear from Airfix, after requesting a missing windshield part from the Tornado kit. I got an automated e-mail acknowledgement, but it'll be interesting to see what eventually happens - especially as only a few days befor, the James May 'Airfix Spitfire' TV programmes showed the 'Spares' room at Hornby (new owners of Airfix), which was packed to the rafters with just about every kit produced, held for spares. The staff member announced that they prided themselves in being able to quickly supply replacement parts.......

Revell USA was very apologetic about the delay and said that they are going to discuss the issue with Revell Germany to see if they can do something to speed up the response. We'll see if anything comes from that.

Thats a shame Kgambit! must be frustrating after all that time

Hobbycraft customer service is crap , sent 2 emails , regarding my wrong Corsair decals .1 to the Hobbycraft in Canada and one to the Hobbycraft here in NZ

Bugger all came back!

Bl**dy annoying isn't it? I don't know how companies can work like that, unless it's a sign of outsourced departments. But even then there's no excuse. When I worked for a large multi-national, even the smallest query, complaint, whatever was dealt with within a couple of days.
Revell Germany are normally quick to respond, but then again, I only have experience of their European marketing. It may be that they expect outside Europe customers to contact the US, but still poor, whatever the reason.

It sure is mate , espicially since I brought the kit to do the bird on the boxart 'Marines dreams' ( With a nice Lassie!) and suuposedly came with the decals to do so

The noseart I'm gonna have to try and find from an aftermarket source now , which is B*ll*cks ,it should have been with the kit!

Heard from a guy up north who's in the same boat

If anyone , does have the 1/48 Hobbycraft birdcage Corsair HC1525 , and has the correct decals sheet number HC1525 ( not HC1526 like me!) I'd be grateful if you could scan them for me so I could attempt printing my own

Are the decals you got with the kit any good? I bought a Hobbycatft Hurricane MkII and the decals are the right ones but they are SH!T anyway. Went aftermarket to get a decent set. You might just save yourself sonme heartaches and go with something like Eagle Editions so you get something decent.

Being Canadian, I'm ashamed at the quality of this kit. Never again.

Know what you mean CR. The kits themselves, although basic, are not bad at all, with the exception perhaps of the transparent parts. But the decals are bl**dy awful! I haven't even attempted to use even the basic national markings from the three Hobbycraft kits I've had. On a brighter note though, I've seen a hint that they are/might be releasing some new 1/32nd scale kits, including a Harvard/Texan, and Spitfire MkIX, and I think MkVIII. Could be interesting.

Terry ,I don't know about other hobbycraft kits but the Corsair kit for me is the best in 1/48 . Admittedly I haven't built it yet , but it has excellent recessed detail and easy options for up and down flaps ( unlike tamiya which will drive you mad doing a flaps up finish - I would know! done 3 this way) It has 6 pieces for a flap down option( like tamiya) but also has 2 single mould pieces for the flaps up option . Best of all I got mine for a little over half the price of the tamiya kit .

Are the decals you got with the kit any good? I bought a Hobbycatft Hurricane MkII and the decals are the right ones but they are SH!T anyway. Went aftermarket to get a decent set. You might just save yourself sonme heartaches and go with something like Eagle Editions so you get something decent.

Being Canadian, I'm ashamed at the quality of this kit. Never again.

The decals I got are next to useless to me , they're from a later hobbycraft 'brewster buffalo' kit ( F4U-1A) so even if they were good I' wouldn't use them

Il take on your advice and go either aftermarket or try and make my own , I dunno if its possible to get an aftermarket set for "Marines Dream" though?

Contact Trumpeter and inform them part of their product reached you in a damaged condition, and ask for replacement. Other companies gladly replace damaged items - whether Trump will, I don't know, but worth a try. The address should be on the box, or in small print somewhere on the instruction sheet.

I've had some real luck getting replacement parts from the supplier squadron.com, though it can take a while. I recommend these guys for this and their impressive sales (I got the 1/200 Bismarck for $212)

Hasegawa US got me a sprue for a long-discontinued 109F-2, but it cost me $10 (I believe all sprues cost this)

Interestingly, Revell USA got me a replacement Erla hood and armored headrest within two weeks of my contacting them.

Hannats got me a replacement sprue for the discontinued 1/350 Scharnhorst, but it took a while.

I received a replacement floor for a B-24 from Revell USA within three weeks of the request (at least ten of those days were transit within the UK !)
I also requested new canopy parts for a T-28, from Revell UK.
Not only did I get an e-mail response the following morning, this has been backed-up by two personal letters, confirming the request and that the parts will be ordered, and then informing me that the parts have been ordered from Revell Germany, and should be with me within 4 to 6 weeks.
Well done Revell here and across the 'Pond'.

Hasegawa got me replacement Wheels for my Su-27 (long discountinued) They even molded it out of metal ! :D

Eduard and Academy supplied me with replacement canopies.

All these parts were for free.

I an eternally grateful for these companies and their amazing service :)

P.S. These were all parts that were originally missing in my kit that they replaced for me :)

Just curious. Has there ever knowingly been a model rep, a model distributor, or for that matter, anyone from the model industry on this forum? Someone who has said, "Hey, thanks for keeping the industry alive and we're listening to you"? Just curious.

Geo

I've often thought of circulating the major model manufacturers, informing them of this forum site, and asking them to have a look now and then.
OK, they could argue that there are many modelling forums, and they can't look at them all (if they look at all), but, as far as I know, this is the ONLY forum which combines serious WW2 orientated aviation subjects with serious modelling, populated, in the main, with knowledgeable, helpful and polite members, ready and willing to discuss and advise in a constructive manner and, fortunately, without any of the self-centered, ego basking 'look at me' prats found on some sites.
It could help manufacturers to gauge reaction to releases, measure market response, and perhaps assist in planning future marketing and product strategy.
Maybe some day, I'll get around to doing so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back