Cutting the Grass with L-29 (No kidding)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It almost looks like someone forgot to put his landing gear down. I watched the clip a few times and you can hear when he spooled the engine up which takes between 20 to 40 seconds to really start making power. Additionally he continued to climb out with 30 degrees flap. Not a smart thing to do in a stock L29

Last edited:
You think ? well... the guy is a very skilled pilot, maybe was on purpose.

Perhaps - I seen a few of his other clips - he seems to know what he's doing but getting that low and slow in an L29 is asking for trouble IMO. I hope he watches density altitude when he does that stunt on hot days or at higher altitude airports. I've been in L29s and seen up to 40 seconds spool up time depending on the engine. It really sucks when you slam the power lever forward and nothing happens!

Density altitude, I know that gal well.
Flew in to Jamestwon for a Fathers Day fly in. Had a 150D Cesssner! And a rather large girlfriend, and my big self. I chose to leave rather late in the day on Sunday, just to let the air cool a bit. Took off with the first notch of flaps, 15 deg? Heading to the West on take off the runway dips down a bit, lifted off just at the end of the runway, got 100 extra feet, and that my friends was it, all the way to LVK, not one more foot. I sure was glad I waited them extra hours.
You gotta respect that heat!

*BTW, I have seen planes land wheels up. The way he was waffeling around down low, I agree with Flyboy, I think he forgot to look for green lights!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back