Dads Story's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,
Even though I'm not military... yet. I do have some storys from my dad.
Background: He was a 2nd Lt. (don't know what unit) based at FT. Ripley MN. Just before operation Iraqi Freedom

So on to the story
There is a stone wall forming a ring around fort Ripley and it has been there since WW2. When my dad was stationed in Germany he went to a bar in his uniform. As he was sitting at one of the tables he notices a group of old men in the corner looking at him, after a drink or two he forgets. Then the waiter comes over with a beer and sets it down. My dad looks up and says "This isn't mine"
The waiter says "That man bought it for you" and points to the man.
My dad looks over his shoulder and the man indicates to him to go over there. When my dad sits down the man stares at the unit patch. Then he says that is from Minnesota No? My dad says yes it if from Minnesota, Taken aback. Then the man proceeds to ask my dad about that wall something like is that rock wall still standing. My dad says yes. The man comes out and says "I Built That Wall" with that my dad was really supprised the man Then tells my dad that He was a German POW there. (I guess Britain wouldn't take our POWs) The Even more crazy part is that My dad and I found out that we are related to that POW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back